Citing Business sources
Start with this series of three short videos for a "big picture" perspective on citing business resources:
These sites provide guidance on citing business sources not usually covered in general style manuals, e.g., statistics from sources such as our Passport and Bloomberg databases.
- SFU Library's Citation Guide for Business Sources (APA 6th ed.)
- SFU Library's Citing guide for Statistics Canada, PCensus, EStat, and CHASS data
- University of Michigan Library's Citation Help: check their section on "Other Types of Resources" for guidance on dealing with things like wikis, blogs, YouTube videos, and advertisements
- McGill Library's guide to Management & Business Sources Citation Style Guide using APA Style
- ICPSR's guide to Citing Data
Citing general sources
- SFU Library guides to common citation styles in research: APA (7th ed.) | MLA | Chicago/Turabian
- SFU Library guide to Avoiding Plagiarism: Discusses what plagiarism is and how you can avoid it. Includes a plagiarism tutorial to test yourself on the topic of plagiarism.
- Search the APA Style Blog for answers to commonly asked questions.
- Citation or reference management tools collect your journal article, book, or other document citations together in one place, and help you create properly formatted bibliographies in almost any style — in seconds. Citation management tools help you keep track of your sources while you work and store your references for future use and reuse
- Information on writing for university and two-page "quick tip" handouts about common grammar, style, editing, and academic writing questions are provided by SFU's Student Learning Commons.
- The Business Writing Guide: library resources on Business writing from business memos to PhD dissertations.
- See the SFU Library's Citations & Style Guides for further information on citation styles and guides to writing.
- Use the Assignment Calculator to help you break down your writing assignments into a series of manageable steps. All you need to get started is the date your assignment is due.