On this page
Having problems with your account ID?
Students, faculty, and staff
Current faculty, students and staff must log in to SFU library computers with their SFU Computing account ID and password.
Express station computers permit browsing the SFU Library website and Catalogue without logging in. To view other websites or access databases, you will be prompted for an SFU Computing ID and password.
Alumni with SFU ID cards
Alumni have off-campus access to selected electronic resources. For more information on Library Services for Alumni please see Services for Alumni Borrowers. Alumni can log in with their SFU computing ID or request a guest ID.
Express station computers permit browsing the SFU Library website and Catalogue without logging in. To view other websites or access databases, you will be prompted for a login.
Guests to the Library may request a temporary guest ID and password from the checkout counter of any SFU Library. Free public computer access is granted with the guest ID, which expires at the end of the day (or one hour at Belzberg Libary, SFU Vancouver).
All external borrowers need a temporary guest ID and password to access the library computers. For more information on Library Services for External Borrowers, please see Services for External Borrowers.
- Enter your username exactly as it appears on the slip -- it will start with IC followed by a space, and then have a letter combination of your first and last names.
- Your username and password are case-sensitive -- enter both exactly as they appear.
Access and restrictions
- Guest access to the Mac workstations is not available
- At the Belzberg Library (SFU Vancouver), guests are limited to one hour per day.
- SFU Community users have priority use of library workstations.
- Independent and visiting scholars have guest library computing privileges.
- A guest login does not provide access to the SFU wireless network
- NOTE: Borrowers must not share their login information