Monday, March 6, 2023 - 10:00am to 12:00pm
via Zoom (link will be sent to participants 24 hours before the workshop/event begins)
This workshop is in the past and registrations are unavailable.
closed Sunday, March 5, 2023 - 6:00am
All times are Pacific Time Zone (Vancouver, BC, Canada).
About the workshop
This interactive workshop introduces importing and coding of literature review materials and key tools that can be particularly helpful when reviewing literature in your area of research.
Topics covered include:
- introducing NVivo and setting up a project
- working with your information
- identifying themes, topics and ideas and collecting data to support them
- using tools such as text search query, matrix coding query, and Framework Matrix.
What will you learn in this session? You will have the knowledge to set up a literature review in NVivo, and begin to work with your information. You will also be able to use NVivo to organize your content and begin to identify themes, topics or ideas. It is appropriate for those who have had some experience with NVivo. For more information about NVivo at SFU, please visit NVivo Software for Research Analysis.
- Before the workshop, participants should download and install NVivo 12. You can download NVivo 12 and the license key with your SFU computing ID by using the self-serve download link here. If you have any trouble, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participants should also have some familiarity with citation management software (Zotero, Mendeley, Refworks, EndNote, etc). Zotero will be used during this workshop.