During COVID-19, Research Commons' services continue.
SFU graduate students are encouraged to book consultations with the Research Commons staff and partners. Consultations are available by phone, via email, or through online video-conference.
Not finding what you're looking for? Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can discuss your research support needs.
Tableau is a data visualization tool that is being used to help analyze data and illustrate the patterns and insights behind them. This online, interactive workshop will introduce researchers and students to Tableau Public, a free access version of Tableau.
You will leave this workshop with an understanding of how to:
- connect datasets to your Tableau workbook;
- create a variety of basic chart types (including bar charts, line graphs, and maps);
- publish and share interactive charts and graphs.
- No prior experience with Tableau is necessary.
- Before the workshop, please download and install the latest version of Tableau Public to your laptop.
Register for upcoming workshops
|Get Started with Tableau Public for Data Visualization [Online] : 2020-10-03||via Zoom (link will be sent to participants 24 hours before the workshop/event begins)||Saturday, October 3, 2020 - 10:00am to 12:00pm|
|Get Started with Tableau Public for Data Visualization [Online] : 2020-10-22||via Zoom (link will be sent to participants 24 hours before the workshop/event begins)||Thursday, October 22, 2020 - 10:00am to 12:00pm|