Not sure where to start? Our Start your research here guide provides you with an overview of the research process, as well as links to suggested resources. Remember that careful research takes time and creativity!
To browse our selection of new books, check out the list of new political science books at the SFU Library this month; simply limit the results by department and location.
You can also search for books using the SFU Library Catalogue. Feel free to limit this search by date, location, or other filters on the left side of the results.
SFU Library purchases access to thousands of electronic books. You can search for eBooks through the Catalogue (see above) or by directly browsing some of the eBook databases listed below.
eBook Collection (EBSCOhost)
Provides access to thousands of eBooks, including many on political science topics.
eBook Central Academic Complete
Provides access to titles spanning a wide variety of disciplines, including thousands on political science topics.
This collection covers all the online content that SFU Library acquires from the publisher Springer/Palgrave, including eBooks and eJournals. Use the search options to focus on eBook chapters in the Political Science area.
- Racism and resistance : essays on Derrick Bell's racial realism /
- The future is degrowth : a guide to a world beyond capitalism /
- Neoliberalism Reloaded : Authoritarian Governmentality and the Rise of the Radical Right /
- Hannah Arendt and politics /
- Fragile victory : the making and unmaking of liberal order /
- Deleuze and Guattari and fascism /
- National questions : theoretical reflections on nations and nationalism in Eastern Europe /
- On shedding an obsolete past : bidding farewell to the American century /
- Marx and Engels on imperialism : selected journalism, 1856-62 /
- The end of this world : climate justice in so-called Canada /
- Anti-Asian racism : myths, stereotypes, and Catholic social teachings /
- Brazil and the transnational human rights movement, 1964-1985 /
- In search of monsters to destroy : the folly of American empire and the paths to peace /
- Marx and Engels on Bonapartism : selected journalism, 1851-59 /
- 'Greater India' and the Indian Expansionist Imagination, C. 1885-1965 : The Rise and Decline of the Idea of a Lost Hindu Empire /
- Democratization : a thematic approach /
- The state /
- Everything is possible : antifascism and the left in the age of fascism /
- The no-state solution : a Jewish manifesto /
- Syria 2011-2013 : revolution and tyranny before the mayhem /
- The future of China's past : reflections on the meaning of China's rise /
- The New Cold War : the United States, Russia, and China from Kosovo to Ukraine /
- Inside congressional committees : function and dysfunction in the legislative process /
- Towards a just Europe a theory of distributive justice for the European Union /
To recommend additional items for the library collection, you can Suggest a title for purchase.
If you're just getting started, try searching for articles on your topic in these key Political Science research databases or general research databases:
Political Science Complete
Provides access to journals, reference books, monographs, and conference papers on political topics with a worldwide focus, reflecting the globalization of contemporary political discourse.
International Political Science Abstracts
Provides access to abstracts of political science articles published in journals and yearbooks around the world.
Provides access to a searchable, online, full-text collection of core scholarly journals, mainly in the arts, humanities, and social sciences.
Academic Search Premier
This large, multidisciplinary database provides access to articles from both popular and scholarly journals, covering the full range of disciplines including business, STEM, social sciences, humanities, and arts.
To find additional resources, check out the full list of Political Science databases. Use these databases to search for articles from many journals simultaneously.
Provides full-text access to major Canadian newspapers and Canwest's small-market BC newspapers.
Covers Canadian topics including business, politics, literature, history and news events.
This global current events database provides full-text access to over 35,000 news sources in 26 languages.
Provides access to international news coverage, business news, legal cases and law reports from early 1970's to present. Content is strongly American with significant coverage of Canadian and international topics.
Provides full-text access to current issues of newspapers from around the world in full-color, full-page format. Includes thousands of newspapers in over 40 languages from Canada and internationally. Back-catalogue coverage varies with each newspaper, ranging from 3 days to 2 months.
Foreign Broadcast Information Service (FBIS)
Provides access to translated transcripts of foreign broadcasts and news (1974-1996).
Alternative Press Index
Provides access to alternative news and radical media resources.
Keesings World News Archive
This monthly digest provides access to concise, detailed reports of worldwide political and economic affairs taken from the world's press from 1931 onwards.