If you need help, please contact Ivana Niseteo, Liaison Librarian for English, French, French Programs (FASS), Humanities, Linguistics, and World Literature at 778.782.6838 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Ask a librarian.
Help with course assignments
Course guides are created for Linguistics courses that involve research assignments and/or library instruction.
- LING 301 - The Case Study Assignment (updated Oct. 2015)
- LING 323 - Morphology -- the Case Study Assignment (updated Oct. 2015)
- LING 309 - Sociolinguistics (updated Nov. 2017)
- LING 360 - Introduction to Applied Linguistics (updated Feb. 2016)
Linguistics graduate students
- SFU's Research Commons supports graduate students during all stages of the research lifecycle - ideas, partners, proposal writing, research process, and publication - and provides easy access to both physical and virtual research resources.
- Surviving linguistics: a guide for graduate students, c2011. [print]
- Cognitive Science: SFU Library's guide to information resources
- CogPrints. An electronic archive for self-archive papers.
- Cantonese as a second language : issues, experiences and suggestions for teaching and learning
- Syntax of Dutch : coordination and ellipsis
- Oxford studies in philosophy of language.
- Semantics : interfaces
- Sociolinguistic variation in children's language : acquiring community norms
- Semantics : theories
- Hybrid Englishes and the challenges to/for translation : identity, mobility and language change
- The Oxford handbook of voice perception
- Semantics : typology, diachrony and processing
- The linker in the Khoisan languages
- A short introduction to the study of language
- The Oxford handbook of pragmatics
- Individual differences in first and second language ultimate attainment and their causes
- Semantics : sentence and information structure
- Language aptitude : advancing theory, testing, research and practice
- Semantics - lexical structures and adjectives
- Engaging language learners through CALL : from theory and research to informed practice
- The morphology of Dutch
- Semantics : foundations, history and methods
- English in business and commerce : interactions and policies.
- Semantics : noun phrases, verb phrases and adjectives
- Visual-gestural communication : a workbook in nonverbal expression and reception
- City, court, academy : language choice in early modern Italy
- The Oxford handbook of event structure