If you need help, please contact Ivana Niseteo, Liaison Librarian for English, French, French Programs (FASS), Humanities, Linguistics, and World Literature at 778.782.6838 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Ask a librarian.
Help with course assignments
Course guides are created for Linguistics courses that involve research assignments and/or library instruction.
- LING 301 - The Case Study Assignment (updated Oct. 2015)
- LING 323 - Morphology -- the Case Study Assignment (updated Oct. 2015)
- LING 309 - Sociolinguistics (updated Nov. 2017)
- LING 360 - Introduction to Applied Linguistics (updated Feb. 2016)
Linguistics graduate students
- SFU's Research Commons supports graduate students during all stages of the research lifecycle - ideas, partners, proposal writing, research process, and publication - and provides easy access to both physical and virtual research resources.
- Surviving linguistics: a guide for graduate students, c2011. [print]
- Cognitive Science: SFU Library's guide to information resources
- CogPrints. An electronic archive for self-archive papers.
- On invisible language in modern English : a corpus-based approach to ellipsis
- Eye tracking in second language acquisition and bilingualism : a research synthesis and methodological guide
- Experiments in focus : information structure and semantic processing
- Grammar of Duhumbi (Chugpa)
- Accessing academic discourse : systemic functional linguistics and legitimation code theory
- Codeswitching in the classroom : critical perspectives on teaching, learning, policy, and ideology
- Noun phrases in Australian languages : a typological study
- Interdisciplinary perspectives on Vietnamese linguistics
- Participles : a typological study
- The impact of mother tongue illiteracy on second language acquisition : the case of French and Wolof in Senegal
- Making sense of 'bad English' : an introduction to language attitudes and ideologies
- A critical approach to the cartography of V2
- The Routledge handbook of research methods in applied linguistics
- The concise encyclopedia of applied linguistics
- Australian English reimagined : structure, features and developments