If you need help, please contact Ivana Niseteo, Liaison Librarian for English, French, French Programs (FASS), Humanities, Linguistics, and World Literature at 778.782.6838 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Ask a librarian.
Help with course assignments
Course guides are created for Linguistics courses that involve research assignments and/or library instruction.
- LING 301 - The Case Study Assignment (updated Oct. 2015)
- LING 323 - Morphology -- the Case Study Assignment (updated Oct. 2015)
- LING 309 - Sociolinguistics (updated Nov. 2017)
- LING 360 - Introduction to Applied Linguistics (updated Feb. 2016)
Linguistics graduate students
- SFU's Research Commons supports graduate students during all stages of the research lifecycle - ideas, partners, proposal writing, research process, and publication - and provides easy access to both physical and virtual research resources.
- Surviving linguistics: a guide for graduate students, c2011. [print]
- Cognitive Science: SFU Library's guide to information resources
- CogPrints. An electronic archive for self-archive papers.
- Heritage languages and their speakers
- Insights from practices in community-based research : from theory to practice around the globe
- Contemporary critical discourse studies
- Discourse, grammar and ideology : functional and cognitive perspectives
- Meaning and linguistic variation : the third wave in sociolinguistics
- A case study on trilingual siblings' code switching : focus on minority language development
- SECOND LANGUAGE TASK-BASED PERFORMANCE : theory, research, assessment.
- Language, identity and symbolic culture
- The Routledge handbook of sociocultural theory and second language development
- WORD ORDER CHANGE.
- HIGH-LEVEL LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY : second language and multilingual.
- Shaping phonology
- Corpus approaches to contemporary British speech : sociolinguistic studies of the Spoken BNC2014
- Context in the system and process of language
- Dependency and directionality
- The ethical fantasy of rhetorical theory
- The lexical semantics of the Arabic verb
- The language of pop culture
- Recursion across domains
- Gemination, lenition and vowel lengthening : on the history of quantity in Germanic