If you need help, please contact Ivana Niseteo, Liaison Librarian for English, French, French Programs (FASS), Humanities, Linguistics, and World Languages & Literatures at 778.782.6838 or email@example.com or Ask a librarian.
Help with course assignments
Course guides are created for Linguistics courses that involve research assignments and/or library instruction.
- LING 301 - The Case Study Assignment (updated Oct. 2015)
- LING 323 - Morphology -- the Case Study Assignment (updated Oct. 2015)
- LING 309 - Sociolinguistics (updated Nov. 2017)
- LING 360 - Introduction to Applied Linguistics (updated Feb. 2016)
Linguistics graduate students
- SFU's Research Commons supports graduate students during all stages of the research lifecycle - ideas, partners, proposal writing, research process, and publication - and provides easy access to both physical and virtual research resources.
- Surviving linguistics: a guide for graduate students, c2011. [print]
- Cognitive Science: SFU Library's guide to information resources
- CogPrints. An electronic archive for self-archive papers.
- Beyond emotions in language : psychological verbs at the interfaces
- The linguistics student's handbook
- Formal approaches to Romance morphosyntax
- Linguistics for the age of AI
- Teaching and assessing intercultural communicative competence : revisited
- Student engagement in the language classroom
- The many faces of multilingualism : language status, learning and use across contexts
- The hidden history of coined words
- The sociolinguistic economy of Berlin : cosmopolitan perspectives on language, diversity and social space
- Introduction to corpus linguistics
- The Essence of Linguistic Analysis : An Integrated Approach
- Variation in time and space : observing the world through corpora
- Bonding through context : language and interactional alignment in Japanese situated discourse
- Tense and aspect in Italian interlanguage
- Study abroad and the second language learner : expectations, experiences and development
- Ethnic Minority Languages in China : Policy and Practice
- TESOL and sustainability : English language teaching in the Anthropocene era
- Theory and Methodology of Semiotics : The Tradition of Ferdinand de Saussure
- Emerging sign languages of the Americas.
- Linguistic landscapes beyond the language classroom
- Translanguaging as transformation : the collaborative construction of new linguistic realities
- Campus Talk : Effective Communication Beyond the Classroom.
- Campus talk : effective communication beyond the classroom.
- Appalachian Englishes in the twenty-first century
- Contested languages : the hidden multilingualism of Europe
- CALL theory applications for online TESOL education
- The history of the reinforced demonstrative in Nordic : regional variation and reconstruction
- New directions in second language pragmatics
- Constraint-based syntax and semantics : papers in honor of Danièle Godard
- Measuring native-speaker vocabulary size