If you need help, please contact Ivana Niseteo, Liaison Librarian for English, French, French Programs (FASS), Humanities, Linguistics, and World Literature at 778.782.6838 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Ask a librarian.
Help with course assignments
Course guides are created for Linguistics courses that involve research assignments and/or library instruction.
- LING 301 - The Case Study Assignment (updated Oct. 2015)
- LING 323 - Morphology -- the Case Study Assignment (updated Oct. 2015)
- LING 309 - Sociolinguistics (updated Nov. 2017)
- LING 360 - Introduction to Applied Linguistics (updated Feb. 2016)
Linguistics graduate students
- SFU's Research Commons supports graduate students during all stages of the research lifecycle - ideas, partners, proposal writing, research process, and publication - and provides easy access to both physical and virtual research resources.
- Surviving linguistics: a guide for graduate students, c2011. [print]
- Cognitive Science: SFU Library's guide to information resources
- CogPrints. An electronic archive for self-archive papers.
- This book is taboo : an introduction to linguistics through swearing
- Language, mind and body : a conceptual history
- MAINLAND SOUTHEAST ASIAN LANGUAGES : a concise typological introduction.
- Grammar survival for secondary teachers : a practical toolkit
- Sound and Grammar A Neo-Sapirian Theory of Language.
- The Languages and Linguistics of Africa
- Gaelic in contemporary Scotland : the revitalisation of an endangered language
- Technology-enhanced teaching and learning of Chinese as a foreign language
- The Oxford handbook of language policy and planning
- Culture as a system : how we know the meaning and significance of what we do and say
- Balkan syntax and (universal) principles of grammar
- The Flanker dictionary of Newfoundland English
- The Cambridge handbook of bilingualism
- Grammaticalization from a typological perspective
- Teaching English language 16-19 : a comprehensive guide for teachers of AS and a level English language
- Teaching intercultural competence across the age range : from theory to practice
- The multilingual reality : living with languages
- Learners in transition : Chinese students' journeys from EFL to ESL and EIL
- Nominal contact in Michif
- Corpus linguistics and sociolinguistics : a study of variation and change in the modal systems of world Englishes