If you need help, please contact Ivana Niseteo, Liaison Librarian for English, French, French Programs (FASS), Humanities, Linguistics, and World Literature at 778.782.6838 or email@example.com or Ask a librarian.
Help with course assignments
Course guides are created for Linguistics courses that involve research assignments and/or library instruction.
- LING 301 - The Case Study Assignment (updated Oct. 2015)
- LING 323 - Morphology -- the Case Study Assignment (updated Oct. 2015)
- LING 309 - Sociolinguistics (updated Nov. 2017)
- LING 360 - Introduction to Applied Linguistics (updated Feb. 2016)
Linguistics graduate students
- SFU's Research Commons supports graduate students during all stages of the research lifecycle - ideas, partners, proposal writing, research process, and publication - and provides easy access to both physical and virtual research resources.
- Surviving linguistics: a guide for graduate students, c2011. [print]
- Cognitive Science: SFU Library's guide to information resources
- CogPrints. An electronic archive for self-archive papers.
- A language management approach to language problems : integrating macro and micro dimensions
- The roots of verbal meaning
- Language acquisition by children : a linguistic introduction
- An anthology of bilingual child phonology
- Professional development in applied linguistics : a guide to success for graduate students and early career faculty
- Historical linguistics : a cognitive grammar introduction
- Conversational pressure : normativity in speech exchanges
- Visual linguistics with R : a practical introduction to quantitative interactional linguistics
- World Englishes on the Web : the Nigerian diaspora in the USA
- On the subject of English : the linguistics of language use and learning
- Modelling world Englishes : a joint approach to postcolonial and non-postcolonial varieties
- Body part terms in conceptualization and language usage