If you need help, please contact Ivana Niseteo, Liaison Librarian for English, French, French Programs (FASS), Humanities, Linguistics, and World Literature at 778.782.6838 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Ask a librarian.
Help with course assignments
Course guides are created for Linguistics courses that involve research assignments and/or library instruction.
- LING 301 - The Case Study Assignment (updated Oct. 2015)
- LING 323 - Morphology -- the Case Study Assignment (updated Oct. 2015)
- LING 309 - Sociolinguistics (updated Nov. 2017)
- LING 360 - Introduction to Applied Linguistics (updated Feb. 2016)
Linguistics graduate students
- SFU's Research Commons supports graduate students during all stages of the research lifecycle - ideas, partners, proposal writing, research process, and publication - and provides easy access to both physical and virtual research resources.
- Surviving linguistics: a guide for graduate students, c2011. [print]
- Cognitive Science: SFU Library's guide to information resources
- CogPrints. An electronic archive for self-archive papers.
- The Oxford handbook of psycholinguistics.
- Phonology in protolanguage and interlanguage
- Why study linguistics
- Mind matters in SLA
- School start Y1 : targeted intervention for language and sound awareness
- The Routledge handbook of teaching English to young learners
- Developing C-tests for estimating proficiency in foreign language research
- Miss man? : languaging gendered bodies
- Studies in Japanese and Korean historical and theoretical linguistics and beyond : festschrift presented to John B. Whitman
- English as a Lingua Franca and Intercultural Communication Implications and Applications in the Field of English Language Teaching
- Portraits of second language learners : an L2 learner agency perspective
- Research methods in linguistics
- The listening bilingual : speech perception, comprehension, and bilingualism
- Researching Learning and Learners in Genre-based Academic Writing Instruction
- Sencoten : A Dictionary of the Saanich Language
- The impulse to gesture : where language, minds, and bodies intersect
- HISTORY OF GERMAN : what the past reveals about today's language.
- Language acquisition at the interfaces : proceedings of GALA 2015
- Collocations and action research : learning vocabulary through collocations