If you need help, please contact Ivana Niseteo, Liaison Librarian for English, French, French Programs (FASS), Humanities, Linguistics, and World Literature at 778.782.6838 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Ask a librarian.
Help with course assignments
Course guides are created for Linguistics courses that involve research assignments and/or library instruction.
- LING 301 - The Case Study Assignment (updated Oct. 2015)
- LING 323 - Morphology -- the Case Study Assignment (updated Oct. 2015)
- LING 309 - Sociolinguistics (updated Nov. 2017)
- LING 360 - Introduction to Applied Linguistics (updated Feb. 2016)
Linguistics graduate students
- SFU's Research Commons supports graduate students during all stages of the research lifecycle - ideas, partners, proposal writing, research process, and publication - and provides easy access to both physical and virtual research resources.
- Surviving linguistics: a guide for graduate students, c2011. [print]
- Cognitive Science: SFU Library's guide to information resources
- CogPrints. An electronic archive for self-archive papers.
- The Routledge handbook of second language research in classroom learning
- Romance phonetics and phonology
- Conversation analytic perspectives on English language learning, teaching and testing in global contexts
- Teaching writing to children in indigenous languages : instructional practices from global contexts
- The Routledge handbook of second language acquisition and pragmatics
- The grammar of expressivity
- The Linguistic Heritage of Colonial Practice
- Phonetics : a practical introduction
- Linguistic ecology and language contact
- The TESOL Encyclopedia of English Language Teaching