On this page
Find books on research methods
Search the SFU Library Catalogue to find books.
"topic" AND research method*
"name of method"
- femini* AND "research method*"
- indigen* AND research
- "qualitative research"
- (queer OR LGBTQ OR gay OR lesbian*) AND "research method*"
From the "search results" select books that are relevant, and take a look at their assigned "subject headings" to find more books on that topics. Use the limiters in the left-hand column to narrow down the results.
Selected subject headings to find books on research methods
These selected Library of Congress Subject Headings will assist you with finding books on research methods.
Use the Browse Search option in the SFU Library Catalogue, then select "Subject" browse from the drop-down menu.
- Aging research -- methodological issues
- Communities -- Research -- Methodology
- Digital video -- Research -- Methodology
- Discourse analysis -- Research -- Methodology
- Ethnology -- Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Feminism -- Methodology
- Feminism -- Research
- Focus Groups
- Indigenous peoples -- Research -- Methodology
- Interdisciplinary Research -- Methodology
- Internet -- Social Aspects -- Research Methodology
- Interviewing in ethnology
- Interviewing in sociology
- Interviewing -- Methodology
- Lesbians -- Research Methodology
- Mixed methods research
- Narrative inquiry (Research method)
- Oral History -- Methodology
- Oral tradition -- Research
- Performing arts -- Research -- Methodology
- Post-colonialism -- Research -- Methodology
- Race -- Research -- Methodology
- Qualitative research -- Methodology
- Quantitative research -- Methodology
- Social surveys -- Methodology
- Social sciences -- Field work
- Social sciences -- Research -- Methodology
- Social sciences -- Statistical methods
- Social Surveys -- Methodology
- Statistics -- Methodology
- Transgender People -- Research Methodology
- Women -- Research -- Methodology
- Women's studies -- Methodology
- Women's studies -- Research
Selected books on research methods
These books will help you to get started.
- Critical transnational feminist praxis
- Feminist Dilemmas in Qualitative Research
- Handbook of feminist research : theory and praxis; also available in [print]
- Handbook of methodological approaches to community-based research : qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods
- Mixed methods research : a guide to the field also in [print]
- Queer methods and methodologies : intersecting queer theories and social science research also in (print)
- Research methods for the arts and humanities
- Researching Gender
- Routledge handbook of discourse analysis (print)
- Sage encyclopedia of qualitative research methods
- Sage encyclopedia of social science research methods
- Sage handbook of action research
- Sage handbook of visual research methods
- Sage quantitative research methods
- Theories and methodologies in postgraduate feminist research : researching differently
- UBC CirCle Repository: Research 101: a Manifesto for Ethical Research in the Downtown Eastside
- Working effectively with indigenous peoples [print]
- Working with Aboriginal communities in places of higher learning [print]
Search databases that publish scholarly articles in your research area. Research methodologies are included in the text of articles and in the abstracts of article index records so a keyword search, using terms describing your methodology and the focus of your research, should produce relevant results.
To find discussions of methodological issues, use terms describing your methodology combined with terms like "critique", "review", "assessment", "problem*", "ethic*", "issues", etc.
- CARMA Video Library
- Advanced training in research methods and data analysis from the Consortium for the Advancement of Research Methods and Analysis
A training library featuring video tutorials on software programs, design practices, and business skills.Restricted to current students, faculty and staff. All users must create a profile with a valid SFU email address before logging in to this resource for the first time.
Sage Research Methods Online
Access to research methods from books and videos and other reference sources.