If you need help, please contact Sarah (Tong) Zhang, Librarian for Geography, GIS, & Maps at 778-782-9704 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Ask a librarian.
Services for Faculty - Some tools and services the Library has available to assist with your research and teaching.
SFU Library Research Skills Tutorial - Up your academic game by completing this 50-minute tutorial.
Start your research here - An overview of the research process and tips for where and how to look for information.
Data & GIS
Top resources for Geography
Search for journal articles in human and physical geography, earth sciences, ecology, geology, and environmental sciences.
Search for journal articles, conference proceedings, and other resources in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities. Can also be used for cited reference searches, citation analysis of research, and searching by affiliation.
Web of Science
A major multidisciplinary academic database: search for journal articles, citation counts, journal impact factors, and more across disciplines.
Search for academic journal articles in the area of environmental studies in this database.
Find print and online books in the Library Catalogue.
Research guides for specific courses
- Geography 111: Earth Systems (updated Summer 2018)
- Geography 162: Canada (updated Summer 2021)
- Geography 213: Introduction to Geomorphology (updated Spring 2015)
- Geography 215: Biogeography (updated Fall 2015)
- Geography 251: Quantitative Geography- Finding Data Guide (updated Spring 2022)
- Geography 221: Economic Geography (updated Spring 2022)
- Geography 241: Social Geography (updated Summer 2015)
- Geography 261: Introduction to Urban Geography (updated Spring 2017)
- Geography 322W: World Resources (updated Spring 2015)
- Geography 362W: Geography of Urban Built Environments (updated Fall 2015)
- Geography 364: Cities and Crisis (updated Summer 2021)
- Geography 381: Political Geography (updated Fall 2016)
- Geography 382: World on the Move (updated Spring 2020)
- Geography 389: Nature and Society (updated Fall 2015)
- Geography 426: Industrial Change and Local Development (updated Spring 2016)
- Geography 428: World Forests (updated Fall 2017)
- Geography 440: Property, Land, Society (updated Fall 2021)
- Geography 442: A World of Cities [updated Fall 2018]
- Geography 468: Society and Environment in China (updated Spring 2016)
New Geography books
- A decolonial ecology : thinking from the Caribbean world /
- Contextualizing climate change : linking science and culture /
- Waking up to climate change : five dimensions of the crisis and what we can do about it /
- Urban Agricultural Heritage /
- Python for Geospatial Data Analysis : theory, tools, and practice for location intelligence /
- The long land war : the global struggle for occupancy rights /
- Introduction to remote sensing /
- The minimal intervention /
- Oil beach : how toxic infrastructure threatens life in the ports of Los Angeles and beyond /
- Modeling semi-arid water-soil-vegetation systems in a changing climate /