New Geography books
- Entrepreneurship and global cities diversity, opportunity and cosmopolitanism
- Community livability : issues and approaches to sustaining the well-being of people and communities
- The patchwork city : class, space, and politics in Metro Manila
- Smarter government : how to govern for results in the information age
- Urban Sustainability and Justice Just Sustainabilities and Environmental Planning : Just Sustainabilities and Environmental Planning.
- Environmental flow assessment : methods and applications
- Local activism for global climate justice : the Great Lakes Watershed
- The Routledge handbook of mobilities
- Collaborative environmental governance frameworks : a practical guide
- Seafloor geomorphology as benthic habitat : GeoHAB atlas of seafloor geomorphic features and benthic habitats
- Microclimate for cultural heritage : measurement risk assessment, conservation, restoration, and maintenance of indoor and outdoor monuments
- Sustainable approaches to urban transport
- Doing environmental ethics
- ROAD SAFETY MANAGEMENT IN AFRICA the need to calibrate effort.
- Do you see ice? : Inuit and Americans at home and away
- ADVANCED REMOTE SENSING terrestrial information extraction and applications.
- Statistical analysis of hydrologic variables : methods and applications
- Environmental economics : the essentials
- Destination Anthropocene : science and tourism in the Bahamas
- Denver's Chinatown 1875-1900 : gone but not forgotten
- Discover QGIS 3.X : a workbook for the classroom or independent study
- Natural disasters : a reference handbook
- Wading right in : discovering the nature of wetlands
- Global developments in healthcare and medical tourism
- Sustainable materialism : environmental movements and the politics of everyday life
- Global Climate Change Demystified
- Town planning : the basics
- Soil clays : linking geology, biology, agriculture, and the environment
- BIM and urban land administration
- Politics, statistics and weather forecasting, 1840-1910 : taming the weather
SFU Library Research Skills Tutorial - Up your academic game by completing this 50-minute tutorial.
Start your research here - An overview of the research process and tips for where and how to look for information.
Research guides for specific courses
- Geography 111: Earth Systems (Summer 2018)
- Geography 162: Canada (Fall 2018)
- Geography 213: Introduction to Geomorphology (Spring 2015)
- Geography 215: Biogeography (Fall 2015)
- Geography 221: Economic Geography (Fall 2016)
- Geography 241: Social Geography (Summer 2015)
- Geography 261: Introduction to Urban Geography (Spring 2017)
- Geography 322W: World Resources (Spring 2015)
- Geography 362W: Geography of Urban Built Environments (Fall 2015)
- Geography 381: Political Geography (Fall 2016)
- Geography 389: Nature and Society (Fall 2015)
- Geography 426: Industrial Change and Local Development (Spring 2016)
- Geography 428: World Forests (Fall 2017)
- Geography 440: Property, Land, Society (2015)
- Geography 442: A World of Cities [Fall 2018]
- Geography 468: Society and Environment in China (Spring 2016)
Top resources for Geography
Search citations and abstracts for journal articles, conference proceedings, and other resources in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities. Can also be used for cited reference searches, citation analysis of research, and searching by affiliation.
Web of Science
A major multidisciplinary academic database: search for journal articles, citation counts, journal impact factors, and more across disciplines.
Search for journal articles in human and physical geography, earth sciences, ecology, geology, and environmental sciences.
Search for academic journal articles in the area of environmental studies in this database.
Journal article databases
SFU Library subscribes to many other databases where you can search for journal articles, reviews, and more.
Find print and online books in the Library Catalogue.