New Geography books
- Authors of the impossible : the paranormal and the sacred
- Full-rip 9.0 : the next big earthquake in the Pacific Northwest
- Consecrating science : wonder, knowledge, and the natural world
- Urban Latin America : inequalities and neoliberal reforms
- Spatial analysis : statistics, visualization, and computational methods
- Understanding GIS : an ArcGIS Pro project workbook
- The super natural : why the unexplained is real
- Witness to loss : race, culpability, and memory in the dispossession of Japanese Canadians
- Building a climate resilient economy and society : challenges and opportunities
- Slums : the history of a global injustice
- Environmental attitudes and awareness : a psychosocial perspective
- Climate justice and historical emissions
- Sunlight and seaweed : an argument for how to feed, power and clean up the world
- Dawn of a new order : geopolitics and the clash of ideologies
- Confessions of a recovering environmentalist and other essays
- Gender and gentrification
- City unsilenced : urban resistance and public space in the age of shrinking democracy
- The political life of urban streetscapes : naming, politics, and place
- New technologies and transportation research : applications of GPS in travel surveys
- A redder shade of green : intersections of science and socialism
- Methods for sustainability research
- The dead city : urban ruins and the spectacle of decay
- Tourism and resilience
- Sustainability sutra : an ecological investigation
- Footprints in paradise : ecotourism, local knowledge, and therapies in Okinawa
- Data and the city
- A coast beyond compare : coastal geology and ecology of southern Alaska
- Toward sustainable communities solutions for citizens and their governments
- Knowledge transfer to and within tourism : academic, industry and government bridges
- Transformative ecological economics : process philosophy, ideology and utopia
AssistanceGeography Librarian office hours: Thursdays during the Fall term, 11:00AM-12:30PM in RCB 7224.
SFU Library Research Skills Tutorial - Up your academic game by completing this 50-minute tutorial.
Start your research here - An overview of the research process and tips for where and how to look for information.
Research guides for specific courses
- Geography 162: Canada (Fall 2017)
- Geography 213: Introduction to Geomorphology (Spring 2015)
- Geography 215: Biogeography (Fall 2015)
- Geography 221: Economic Geography (Fall 2016)
- Geography 241: Social Geography (Summer 2015)
- Geography 261: Introduction to Urban Geography (Spring 2017)
- Geography 322W: World Resources (Spring 2015)
- Geography 362W: Geography of Urban Built Environments (Fall 2015)
- Geography 381: Political Geography (Fall 2016)
- Geography 389: Nature and Society (Fall 2015)
- Geography 426: Industrial Change and Local Development (Spring 2016)
- Geography 428: World Forests (Fall 2017)
- Geography 440: Property, Land, Society (2015)
- Geography 468: Society and Environment in China (Spring 2016)
Top resources for Geography
Web of Science
Search for journal articles, citation counts, journal impact factors, and more. Major multidisciplinary academic database.
Search for journal articles in human and physical geography, earth sciences, ecology, geology, and environmental sciences.
Search for journal articles in the area of environmental studies in this database
Journal article databases
SFU Library subscribes to many other databases where you can search for journal articles, reviews, and more.
Find print and online books in the Library Catalogue.