Using library resources from off-campus? Try the Off-Campus Bookmarklet.
Help with course assignments
- Earth Science World Image Bank - Geoscience images made available by the American Geological Institute. Some images are available at a high-resolution free of charge for non-commercial purposes. Image Use guidelines.
- Finding and Using Online Images
- Understanding and avoiding plagiarism
Intro to the map collection
The Map Collection is housed in the Maps/Data/GIS unit on the Second Floor of Bennett Library. The Collection contains cartographic materials to serve the diverse needs of the University community. It includes atlases, maps, digital maps, air photos, and gazetteers. Except for air photos, all are listed in the Library Catalogue. Canadian Topographic Maps and some US Topographic Maps are available. Consult the indexes and gazetteers in the unit to find the NTS number for a specific location.
- Geoscape Vancouver GSC Open File 3309 [print]
- GeoGratis (NRCan) - a portal provided by the Earth Sciences Sector (ESS) of Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) which provides geospatial data at no cost via your Web browser. The collections include raster data, such as satellite images or scanned topographic maps, vector data, such as national-scale frameworks (grouped by theme), and a database of ground control points.
- Google Earth
- Google Maps
- GSC Data & Maps
- Ministry of Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources (BC) Geological Maps Online
- USGS National Geologic Map Database