Skip to main content
Associations and organizations
- British Columbia Arts Council: Provides support "for the arts and cultural community to achieve its creative, social and economic potential."
- The Canada Council for the Arts: Awards grants and provides support to the performing arts. Includes a performing arts directory, with current information on presenters, festivals, contacts.
- Canadian Heritage: Performing Arts: Government-wide programs, services and funding for the Performing Arts field.
- Guide to Canadian arts grants: Guide to government and private sources of financial assistance. [print]
- Directory of the arts -- Directory of the Arts in Canada [print]
- The actor's handbook. 3rd ed -- Annotated listing of British schools, theatres, festivals and organizations [print]
- The arts resource book [print]
- The Directors directory -- Catalogue of equity directors & choreographers from across Canada [print]
- Directory of doctoral programs in theatre studies, performance studies, and dance [print]
- Facilities directory. 4 vol -- Lists performing facilities throughout Canada [print]
- Money for performing artists [print]
- Now what? the guide to post-secondary theatre training in Canada [print]
- Theatre directory: A guide to over 400 not-for-profit professional theatres and arts organizations across the US [print]
- The theatre listing -- A directory of professional theatre in Canada [print]
- Vancouver arts directory [print]
- Asian American Drama: Over 250 plays documenting the Asian American experience as dramatized in works by writers from the 18th century to the present. Includes biographies, a performance database, production details, and associated visual resources, including photos, playbills, and manuscript images.
- The best American short plays [print]
- The best plays of… [print]
- Black Drama: Over 1,200 plays written from the mid-1800s to the present by more than 150 playwrights from North America, English-speaking Africa, the Caribbean, and other African Diaspora countries, almost a quarter of which are previously unpublished.
- CBCA Fulltext Reference: Search the Subject Plays to find playscripts published in magazines.
- Canadian periodical index: Search by the subject Dramas to find playscripts published in magazines [print]
- Drury's guide to best plays [print]
- The English Server Drama Collection: "This site contains a collection of original plays and screenplays, criticism and links to other sites concerned with theatre. It publishes both classic and contemporary works."
- North American Women's Drama: 1,500 plays by women from the United States and Canada written from colonial times to the present.
- Ottemiller's index to plays in collections [print]
- Twentieth Century North American Drama: Contains 834 plays by 124 playwrights, together with detailed, information on related productions, theatres, production companies, and more.
- The ultimate scene and monologue sourcebook : an actor's guide to over 1,000 monologues and scenes from more than 300 contemporary plays [print]