You are here
Film information resources: Additional resources
Associations and organizations
Alliance for Arts and Culture - Represents the interests of artists across the disciplines in B.C. Access to professional development and employment opportunities
- Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television / Académie canadienne du cinéma et de la télévision
- Association For Media and Technology in Education in Canada
Association of Moving Image Archivists - Encourages public awareness of the use of moving images as educational, historical, and cultural resources
- Canadian Conference of the Arts
- Canadian Film and Television Production Association
- The Guild of Canadian Film Composers
- The International Federation of Film Archives
- International film festival guide [print]
- The producer's masterguide, 2005: the international production manual for motion picture, broadcast-television, commercials, cable/satellite, digital & videotape industries [print]
Reel west digest - The source for film, video and multimedia production in Western Canada.
Society for Cinema Studies. Devoted to the scholarly study of film, television, video and new media.
- Vancouver International Film Festival
British Columbia Film - Provides financial support for film & tv productions and skills development for film professionals
BC Film Commission - Markets the services of B.C. production & ancillary service companies and promotes the province as a filming location
British Columbia Arts Council - Provides support "for the arts and cultural community to achieve its creative, social and economic potential."
The Canada Council for the Arts - Provides research, creation, production and dissemination support to artists, organizations, groups and independent collectives in film, video, new media and audio, as well as providing support for festivals, travel, operating activities and equipment acquisition.
Culture Canada: Film, Video and Multimedia - Government-wide programs, services and funding.
- Dept. of Canadian Heritage (Film & Video)
- Guide to Canadian arts grants - Guide to government and private sources of financial assistance [print]
A guide to federal programs for the film and video sector (Cultural Industries Branch. Canadian Heritage)
- Telefilm Canada