Some good news for the many SFU researchers who use our S&P Capital IQ database: there's now an online portal to videos, guides, webinars and other resources to help you get the most out of our powerful "CapIQ" resource!
S&P's Academic Resource Center (ARC) features:
- Training Videos – short, commonly asked workflow questions for platform navigation
- Student Development – training tools & webinars to give students an edge in the workplace
- Curriculum Video Modules – in partnership with Professor JP Tremblay, three template courses on Capital IQ in the classroom
- Skill Assessments – quizzes for students to test their platform knowledge
- Webinars – all S&P Global webinars relevant to academics in one place
- Academic Literature – helpful documents, guides & informational tools for best practice
No special logins are required to access this training resource, not even your S&P Capital IQ account ID, although some of the webinars and quizzes do require registration with S&P (no cost).
Here are a few examples of the sorts of resources you'll find in the ARC:
S&P Capital IQ 101: A series of very short videos covering common workflows for those new to the CapIQ interface.
Corporate Valuation webinars by Training the Street: In-depth coverage of the use of financial fundamentals to value firms.
Security Analysis: A 5-part (1.5 hr) video course designed by a Finance Professor. Covers the equity research process, understanding the industry, financial analysis, equity valuation, and relative valuations -- all available from the comfort of your home!
Never heard of S&P Capital IQ? Check out these BUEC Buzz blog posts for further details on this powerful finance/accounting database.
Let me know if you have any questions at all.
P.S.: I get the impression that additional content will be added to the ARC in the future. Check it regularly!
Business & Economics Librarian