The abstract contains a clear statement of the essence of the thesis. The problem or questions dealt with, the methods of investigation used, and the general conclusions are stated here.
- All versions of the abstract (PDF and abstract entered into the Thesis Registration System) must be the same. The Thesis Registration System requires the abstract to be entered as a single paragraph.
- Abstract length maximums:
- Master's degrees: 150 words
- Doctoral degrees: 350 words
- Use plain text only; bullets, numbered paragraphs, citations, footnotes, or graphics are not acceptable in abstracts.
- The abstract must fit on a single page.
- Choose words or phrases that will help people to locate your thesis via search tools (library catalogues, Google, etc.)
- Keywords appear under the abstract and must be entered into the Thesis Registration System.
Example Keywords: Maximum 6 words, or phrases; separated by semi-colons; sentence case; no period after