The Library oversees formatting and publication of digital copies of SFU theses and also manages supporting documentation. Please check with the Dean of Graduate Studies office about departmental thesis deadlines and other issues.
Please encourage students to START EARLY and:
- visit the Thesis Assistance webpages
- use the thesis template and its instructions (recommended but not required)
- book an appointment with the Assistant for Theses for help with thesis formatting and submission questions
New Graduate Assistants
The Office of Graduate Studies & Postdoctoral Fellows maintains the graduate assistant maillist. Please ensure that if you are a graduate assistant, you are added to the list by contacting them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Encourage students to review the Library's thesis webpages and attend a workshop around the time they begin writing.
- The thesis assistant is available to provide workshops and briefer orientations for departments at all campuses. Email email@example.com to arrange one.
Please encourage students to submit their thesis, supporting materials, and documentation to the Library within 3 weeks of the supervisor signing the Supervisor Revision Memo.
Please suggest students review the following pages to avoid common errors made in formatting a thesis: