The Library oversees formatting and publication of digital copies of SFU theses and also manages supporting documentation. Please check with Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (GPS) about departmental thesis deadlines and requirements.
Please encourage students to START EARLY and:
- visit the Thesis Resources webpages
- use the thesis template and its instructions (recommended but not required)
- book an appointment with the Assistant for Theses, attend a workshop, and/or review online tutorials for help with thesis formatting and submission questions.
New Graduate Program Assistants (GPAs)
Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies maintains the graduate program assistant maillist. Please ensure that if you are a graduate program assistant, you are added to the list by contacting GPS at email@example.com.
To change the recipient of the Thesis Registration System auto-generated emails, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the email address to add and the 4-letter course acronym(s) and number.
- Encourage students to review the Library's thesis webpages and attend a workshop around the time they begin writing.
- The Assistant for Theses is available to provide workshops and orientations for departments. Email email@example.com to arrange one.
Please encourage students to submit their thesis, supporting materials, and documentation to the Library before the thesis deadline.
For the Spring and Summer terms, the deadline for submission to the library is the last day of the term. For the Fall term, the deadline is the last working day before the holiday closure (usually December 23 or 24).