This guide is designed to help you get started on your Statistics and Actuarial Science research. Use this guide to find books, journal articles, and additional resources.
If you need help, please contact Jenna Thomson, Liaison Librarian at 778-782-3269 or email@example.com or Ask a librarian.
MathSciNet - Reviews and abstracts for books, articles and conference proceedings in the fields of mathematics, statistics, and computer science and their applications in such fields as physics, engineering, biology, and operations research.
arXiv - arXiv is a digital repository of research articles and pre-prints in physics, mathematics, computer science, quantitative biology, quantitative finance and statistics.
Mathematics subject guide - Key Math resources.
Business Information Resources - Key Business resources.
University of Iowa Actuarial Science subject guide - Further resources aimed specifically at Actuarial Science.
SFU Library Research Data Management - Tools, workshops, and support for research data management (RDM), the responsible handling and organization of data created during a research project.
Research Commons - Statistical analysis software and support for graduate students, faculty, and post-docs.
Statistical Consulting Services (SCS)
The Statistical Consulting Service (SCS) is a cost-recovery service operated by the Department of Statistics & Actuarial Science. The SCS provides expert statistical advice to individuals doing data-based research projects.
New Statistics and Actuarial Science books
- Teaching statistics using baseball /
- Principles and applications of biostatistics /
- Decoupling on the Wiener space, related Besov spaces, and applications to BSDEs /
- You bet your life : your guide to deadly risk /
- Advancements in Bayesian methods and implementations
- Strategic Risk and Crisis Management : A Handbook for Modelling and Managing Complex Risks /
- Regression models for categorical and count data /