On this page
- Scientific style and format: the CSE manual for authors, editors, and publishers, 7th ed [print]
- SFU Library's Writing and style guides -- Includes examples of APA, MLA, and Chicago styles as well as other helpful information.
- See our guide on Plagiarism | SFU Library interactive tutorial Understanding and Avoiding Plagiarism
- Visit the Student Learning Commons (SLC) for friendly and knowledgeable assistance with a wide range of academic writing, learning, and study strategies.
SFU Library regularly offers library research workshops.
Instructions to authors
- American Mathematical Society (AMS)
- American Statistical Association (ASA)
- Canadian Journal of Statistics
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)
- London Mathematical Society (LMS)
Scientific writing, publishing and presenting
- From research to manuscript: a guide to scientific writing [online or print]
- Handbook of writing for the mathematical sciences [print]
- How to write and publish a scientific paper, 6th ed [print]
- Mathematical publishing: a guidebook [print]
- Science and technical writing: a manual of style [online or print]
Use Citation Management Software to store your references online, and create properly formatted bibliographies with in-text citations or footnotes.