If you need help, please contact Baharak Yousefi, Librarian for History, International Studies, Liberal Studies, & Political Science at 778.782.5033 (currently suspended due to university closure) or email@example.com or Ask a librarian.
- Noncooperation in India : nonviolent strategy and protest, 1920-22
- The mark of slavery disability, race, and gender in antebellum America
- Luther's outlaw God : sacraments and God's attack on the promise
- Italian journey, 1786-1788
- Gender and Generations : Continuity and Change
- Chinese Communist Party : a century in ten lives.
- Sailing to freedom : maritime dimensions of the Underground Railroad
- Japan's private spheres : autonomy in Japanese history, 1600-1930
- 1962 border war : Sino-Indian territorial disputes and beyond
- Empire of pain : the secret history of the Sackler dynasty
- The streets of Europe : the sights, sounds, and smells that shaped its great cities
- Holocaust survivors in postwar Germany, 1945-1957
- Greek festivals, modern and ancient : a comparison of female and male values.
- Early modern Europe : an Oxford history
- Dark interiors : essays on caste and dalit culture
- Re-imagining Black women : a critique of post-feminist and post-racial melodrama in culture and politics
- The saint and the count : a case study for reading like a historian
You can use the Library Catalogue to find books on your research topic, and you can find searching tips and strategies in the Library Catalogue search guide. You may also wish to browse these ebook collections, which are especially strong in the area of History:
Cambridge Histories Online
Historical reference resources in the humanities and social sciences, with a concentration on political and cultural history, literature, philosophy, religious studies, music, and the arts.
Ebook Central Academic Complete
Ebooks spanning a wide variety of disciplines from a range of academic, scholarly publishers, with over 22,000 in History alone.
eBook Collection (EBSCOhost)
Ebooks spanning a wide variety of disciplines from a range of academic, scholarly publishers, including contemporary books and classic works of literature and history.
You can find articles by searching the Library Catalogue or by looking in subject-specific databases and journals.
America: History and Life
Indexes literature on all aspects of United States and Canadian history, culture, and current affairs from prehistoric times to the present.
Indexes literature on the history of the world since 1450 except for the United States and Canada.
Provides full-text access to a large archival collection of core scholarly journals, mainly in the arts, humanities and social sciences.
Project MUSE Search
A searchable, full-text collection of academic journals and ebooks from university presses and scholarly societies. Subjects include literature and criticism, history, the visual and performing arts, cultural studies, education, political science, and gender studies.
These databases cover the major areas of historical research, but there are also databases on specific geographic regions, time periods, and groups of people. See the full list of History databases for these and other relevant collections.
While the Library Catalogue and databases search many journals at once, browsing individual journals can sometimes be helpful if you are starting out with your topic or researching a very specific area. To see journals in the area of History, you can search the History journals here.