- The Matryoshka memoirs : a story of Ukrainian forced labour, the Leica camera factory, and Nazi resistance /
- Objects, images, stories : Simon Digby's historical method /
- Monumental lies : culture wars and the truth about the past /
- The afterlife of Ottoman empire : Muslims in Habsburg Bosnia Herzegovina /
- The KGB and the Vatican : Secrets of the Mitrokhin Files.
- Gold, grit, guns : miners on BC's Fraser River in 1858 /
- The Quest for Early Church Historiography : From Ferdinand C. Baur to Bart D. Ehrman and Beyond /
- Letters, kinship, and social mobility in Nigeria /
- The Russo-Ukrainian War : the return of history /
- Stone men : the Palestinians who built Israel /
- Palestine in the interwar period : between internationalization and revolution (1918-1939) /
- A very Canadian coup : the rise and demise of Prime Minister Mackenzie Bowell, 1894-1896 /
- Subcontractors of guilt : Holocaust memory and Muslim belonging in post-war Germany /
- Barnave : the revolutionary who lost his head for Marie Antoinette /
- A place for memory : Baltimore's historic Laurel Cemetery /
- Maritime Men of the Asia-Pacific : True-Blue Internationals Navigating Labour Rights, 1906-2006 /
- A female apostle in medieval Italy : the life of Clare of Rimini /
- Revolutionary things : material culture and politics in the late eighteenth-century Atlantic world /
- The American West and its interpreters : essays on literary history and historiography /
- History made conscious : politics of knowledge, politics of the past /
- Cheated : the Laurier Liberals and the theft of First Nations reserve land /
- Ireland's great famine, Britain's great failure /
- Professional historians in public : old and new roles revisited /
- Speak out! : a Brixton Black Women's Group reader /
- Nakam : the Holocaust survivors who sought full-scale revenge /
- Reforming Church History : The Impact of the Reformation on Early Modern European Historiography /
- Building for oil : Daqing and the formation of the Chinese socialist state /
- Boundless winds of empire : rhetoric and ritual in early Chosŏn diplomacy with Ming China /
- Radiophilia /
- Beneath heavy pines in World War II Louisiana : the Japanese American internment experience at Camp Livingston /
You can use the Library Catalogue to find books on your research topic, and you can find searching tips and strategies in the Library Catalogue search guide. You may also wish to browse these ebook collections, which are especially strong in the area of History:
Cambridge Histories Online
Historical reference resources in the humanities and social sciences, with a concentration on political and cultural history, literature, philosophy, religious studies, music, and the arts.
Ebook Central Academic Complete
Ebooks spanning a wide variety of disciplines from a range of academic, scholarly publishers, with over 22,000 in History alone.
eBook Collection (EBSCOhost)
Ebooks spanning a wide variety of disciplines from a range of academic, scholarly publishers, including contemporary books and classic works of literature and history.
You can find articles by searching the Library Catalogue or by looking in subject-specific databases and journals.
America: History and Life
Indexes literature on all aspects of United States and Canadian history, culture, and current affairs from prehistoric times to the present.
Indexes literature on the history of the world since 1450 except for the United States and Canada.
Provides full-text access to a large archival collection of core scholarly journals, mainly in the arts, humanities and social sciences.
Project MUSE Search
A searchable, full-text collection of academic journals and ebooks from university presses and scholarly societies. Subjects include literature and criticism, history, the visual and performing arts, cultural studies, education, political science, and gender studies.
These databases cover the major areas of historical research, but there are also databases on specific geographic regions, time periods, and groups of people. See the full list of History databases for these and other relevant collections.
While the Library Catalogue and databases search many journals at once, browsing individual journals can sometimes be helpful if you are starting out with your topic or researching a very specific area. To see journals in the area of History, you can search the History journals here.