Practical & useful: Ebooks and more to support entrepreneursPublished by Mark Bodnar
One of the many things I love about working with Business & Economics is how the skills and strategies being taught are so practical & useful. In many cases, students are working on projects and policies that are directly and immediately relevant to issues and needs in the world beyond our campuses.
Although the students in such areas are open to learning about the latest theories and research, in my experience they are more focused on actionable expert advice and the actual experiences of other entrepreneurs and their startups. Again, practical & useful is the mantra!
With that in mind, here is a selection of the many practical & useful ebooks & print books about startups that we've acquired in the last year:
On a related note, many of the new case studies added to our SAGE Business Cases (SBC) resource also touch on new ventures. A good case study can be a great way to delve into the nuances of business decisions. Check out this small sample from SBC's 2022 update1...
- Byton: A Fallen Chinese Electric Vehicle Startup
- Defining a Business Strategy for Sanmati Yoga: How to Move From Startup Into the Next Phase?
- Luminary Media: Battling With the Subscription Model in the Evolving Podcast Industry
- Lemonade: Artificial Intelligence-Based Value Innovation in Home and Renters Insurance Industry
- SOLshare: Revolutionary Peer-to-Peer Solar Energy Trading in a Developing Market
- Bite Toothpaste Bits: Creating a New Product Category
- Cascade High Organics: Entrepreneurial Growth and Strategy in the Budding Cannabis Industry
This is, of course, just the tip of the iceberg. Contact me if you'd like to chat about other practical & useful information resources to support your work here at SFU!
Economics & Business Librarian
1. Here's an Excel file listing the case titles and topics in SBC's 2022 update.