What do amusement parks, bread, and wireless telecom have in common?Published by Mark Bodnar
I was just scanning the usage stats for our IBISWorld database -- a key source for overviews of industries in Canada, the USA, and China.
During the month of August, likely the slowest period of the year for research and instruction here at SFU, our researchers downloaded almost 1100 IBISWorld reports.
If past patterns hold true, a further 10,000+ IBISWorld reports will be downloaded and used in SFU assignments this semester.
To give you a rough idea of the range of content in this database, here are the most-downloaded report titles in the last month. Each of these titles was downloaded more than 20 times in August:
- Wireless Telecommunications Carriers in Canada
- Amusement Parks in China
- Bread Production in Canada
- Coffee & Snack Shops in Canada
- Real Estate Investment Trusts in Canada
- Home Furnishings Stores in the US
- E-Commerce & Online Auctions in the US
- Department Stores in Canada
IBISWorld is listed in our guide to Industry Surveys. Check out these BUEC Buzz posts that have mentioned IBISWorld in the last couple years.
Questions? My email address is below...
Business & Economics Librarian