For assistance with GIS, geospatial data, and maps send an email to Sarah (Tong) Zhang, GIS&Map Librarian | Librarian for Geography | Librarian, Data Services Team, at email@example.com.
Drop-in GIS support
Drop-in GIS support office hours are available this Spring semester (2020):
- Burnaby Campus: Every Wednesday, from January 8 to April 22, GIS consultations will be available in person from 1:00pm-3:00pm in Room 7037 in the Research Commons of the W.A.C. Bennet Library, 7th floor.
- Downtown Vancouver campus: Every Wednesday, from January 15 to April 8, GIS consultations will be available in person from 2:00pm-5:00pm in HC 7400 on the 7th floor at the Harbour Centre campus. For January 15, the consultations will be in HC 7027 from 1:30 - 4:30.
Note: all in-person GIS office hours beginning March 16 2020 until the end of the semester have been canceled in response to the COVID-19 situation. However, please continue to use the consultation form below should you need help with GIS questions. The consultations will be held online.
GIS consultations (typically 30 - 60 minutes) are available to provide in-depth assistance to researchers from any discipline. A consultation can be focused on topics such as the following:
- technical issues
- searching for geospatial data
- answering questions specific to your project
- demonstrating features and techniques.
Consultations are facilitated by the GIS & Map Librarian or the Graduate Peer GIS Facilitator, depending on the focus of the consultation.