About the workshop
This series of lessons will introduce you to the programming language R. R is an open-source, widely used, and increasingly popular tool for statistical and data analyses, text mining, geospatial analysis, modelling, and a growing number of other applications.
The topics covered include:
- the R environment (directories, workspace, scripts, and packages),
- simple commands to get you started,
- data structures (vector, matrix, data frames, lists),
- basic data analysis tools (built-in statistical packages, plotting, etc.)
As time permits, an introduction to functions may also be covered.
- No prior knowledge is required. Students will learn the skills needed to start analyzing their own data.
- Prior to attending the workshop, warticipants need to install the latest versions of both: