If you need help, please contact Ivana Niseteo, Liaison Librarian for English, French, French Programs (FASS), Humanities, Linguistics, and World Languages & Literatures at 778.782.6838 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Ask a librarian.
- Encyclopedia of religion 19 vols. [online or print]
- Encyclopedia of Psychology and Religion, 2014.
- The Brill dictionary of religion -- 500 entries on the different theologies and doctrinal declarations of the official institutionalized religions as well as their role in daily life and public discourse.
- The new Schaff-Herzog encyclopedia of religious knowledge [print]
- Worldmark encyclopedia of religious practices
- Encyclopedia of science & religion
- The HarperCollins dictionary of religion [print]
- The Concise Oxford dictionary of world religions -- This searchable database contains 8,200 entries on major and many minor religions, including Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, Shinto, Sikhism, and Taoism.
- Routledge encyclopedia of philosophy [online or print]
- Encyclopedia of religion and society [print]
- The encyclopedia of women and religion in North America. 3 vols. [print]
- Concise encyclopedia of language and religion [print]
- Homosexuality and religion: an encyclopedia [print]
- Encyclopedia of Buddhism
- Dictionary of Buddhism
- The A to Z of Buddhism [print]
- Bibliography of Asian Studies [online or print]
- The Catholic Encyclopedia -- Navigate the site using the alphabetical index at the top of the page.
- New Catholic encyclopedia
- The encyclopedia of Christianity [print]
- The Oxford encyclopedia of the Reformation [print]
- The Oxford dictionary of the Christian Church [print]
- Religion-online.org -- More than 6,000 articles and chapters. Topics include Old and New Testament, Theology, Ethics, History and Sociology of Religion, Communication and Cultural Studies, Pastoral Care, Counseling, Homiletics, Worship, Missions and Religious Education.
- The Mennonite encyclopedia: a comprehensive reference work on the Anabaptist-Mennonite movement [print]
Bible and Bible Concordances
- The Bible: King James Version -- Old and New Testaments, with the Apocrypha.
Bible Concordances -- Alphabetical lists of words or phrases indicating where those terms are found in the Bible. Read the concordance's preface to determine which version of the Bible is indexed.
- Biblehub -- Online index of Topical, Strong's, Greek and Hebrew concordances.
- Complete concordance to the Old and New Testaments [print]
- Nelson's complete concordance of the New American Bible [print]
- Encyclopedia of Islam and the Muslim world
- Encyclopaedia of Islam [print]
- The Oxford dictionary of Islam
- Oxford Islamic Studies Online -- Encompasses over 3,000 A-Z reference entries, chapters from scholarly and introductory works, Qur'anic materials, primary sources, images, and timelines.
- The holy Qur'an / translated by M.H. Shakir [print]
- The Koran -- Searchable and browsable text
- The Koran: with a parallel Arabic text [print]
- Encyclopaedia of the Qur'an [print]