You are here
Biological Sciences information resources: Facts & data
Biology & microbiology
- Biology data book [print]
- CRC handbook of microbiology [print] - contains articles, illustrations, tables and charts on the microscopy, classification, biochemistry and genetics of bacteria, fungi, algae, protozoa, and viruses.
- Desk encyclopedia of microbiology [print]
- Practical handbook of microbiology [online or print]
- Topley & Wilson's microbiology and microbial infections [print]
Environment & toxicology
TOXNET - a cluster of databases on toxicology, hazardous chemicals, and related areas.
ECOTOX - a source for locating single chemical toxicity data for aquatic life, terrestrial plants and wildlife.
- Dictionary of substances and their effects [print]
- Handbook of environmental degradation rates [print]
- Handbook of pesticide toxicology [print]
- Phytochemical dictionary: a handbook of bioactive compounds from plants [print]
- Sax's dangerous properties of industrial materials [print]
- Toxicology desk reference: the toxic exposure and medical monitoring index [print]
- Agrochemicals desk reference [print]
- Field guide to pests of managed forests in British Columbia [print]
- Pesticides: an international guide to 1800 pest control chemicals [print]
- CRC handbook of chemistry and physics [online or print]
- Merck index: an encyclopedia of chemicals, drugs, and biologicals [print]
- Water encyclopedia [print]