On this page
All SFU Library print and online books are listed in the Library Catalogue. You can also browse the Catalogue for journals to which the Library subscribes.
Use these databases to locate journal articles on your topic. As the Global Asia Program is an interdisciplinary subject, there is a wide variety of resources that provide access to full-text publications including Asian Affairs, Canadian Ethnic Studies, Canadian Historical Review, China Journal, China Today, Harvard Journal of Asiatic Studies, Journal of Asian Studies, and many more.
- Academic Search Premier. Multidisciplinary index to academic & popular journals.
- America: History & Life. All aspects of U.S. and Canadian history, culture and current affair.
- ATLA Religion Database. World religions, church history, and religion in social issues.
- Bibliography of Asian Studies
- Canadian Research Index. Canadian Government reports, federal, provincial and municipal.
- China Academic Journals Online. Articles are in Chinese. Series F (Literature, History and Philosophy); Series G (Politics/Military Affairs/Law).
- CiNii. Japanese studies index with some full text reports and journal articles.
- Historical Abstracts. History periodicals for all countries other than Canada and the United States.
- Humanities Source. Full-text access and citation references to scholarly sources (1900 - present) in the humanities.
- Human Relations Area Files. Books, articles, and manuscripts on cultures of the world, past and present.
- JSTOR. Scholarly journals mainly in the arts, humanities and social sciences, including Asian studies.
- Passport. Useful for obtaining comparative data between countries. Includes market reports on consumer trends by country and company profiles.
- Project Muse Search. Humanities and social sciences periodicals, including periodicals on Asian studies.
- Alternative Press Index. Alternative, politically left-wing newspapers and magazines. A useful source for researching topics such as democracy, feminism, immigration and labour.
- Canadian Newsstream. Full text Canadian newspapers, including the Globe & Mail and the National Post, as well as local papers such as the Vancouver Sun, the Province, Vancouver Courier, and Burnaby Now.
- CBCA Complete (Canadian Business & Current Affairs Complete). Canadian periodicals and news sources.
- Factiva. Information from newspapers, newswires, industry publications, websites, company reports. Many regions in Asia are covered, including Japan, Greater China, North Korea, South Korea, Central Asia and South-East Asia.
- Nexis Uni. International newspaper coverage, business news, legal cases and law reports.
- Asian Perspectives
- Asia Pacific Business Review
- Beijing review = Pei-ching chou pao
- Comparative Connections
- Journal of Asian American Studies
- Philosophy East & West
- China: An International Journal
- China Today [online or print]
- The China journal = Chung-kuo yen chiu
- The China quarterly
- Journal of Contemporary China