- Dictionary of Asian American history / edited by Hyung-Chan Kim [print]
- The Asian American encyclopedia / editor, Franklin Ng ; managing editor, John D. Wilson [print]
- Distinguished Asian Americans: a biographical dictionary / edited by Hyung-Chan Kim [online or print]
- Canada-Asia Agenda -- A concise monthly analysis of issues in Canada’s involvement with a major Asia Pacific partner or major regional industry, written by experts in the topics. This publication was previously issued as the Asia Pacific Bulletin series.
- Encyclopedia of contemporary Chinese culture [online or print ]
- Encyclopedia of modern China [online or print]
- "China", CIA World Factbook -- General background information including a map.
- China business: the portable encyclopedia for doing business with China [print]
- The encyclopedia of the Chinese overseas [print]
- China briefing [print]
- China facts & figures annual [print]
- Women in China: a country profile / Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific [print]
- Approaching the millennium: Canada & Japan in the new era / by Charles J. McMillan [print]
- "Japan", CIA World Factbook -- General background information including a map.
The Economist Intelligence Unit.
- Includes a concise analysis & background information on Japan's economic & political situation.
- Country profile & Country report, Japan.
- Evaluates growth prospects & assesses opportunities. Provides concise and lucid business-oriented analysis of the latest economic and political indicators.
- Encyclopedia of Japanese American history: an A-to-Z reference from 1868 to the present / Brian Niiya, editor [print]
- Encyclopedia of Japanese descendants in the Americas: an illustrated history of the Nikkei / Akemi Kikumura-Yano, editor [print]
- Japan: its history and culture / W. Scott Morton, J. Kenneth Olenik [online or print]
- Kodansha encyclopedia of Japan. 1983 [print]
- Pacific century: the emergence of modern Pacific Asia / Mark Borthwick with contributions by selected scholars [print]
- Pacific partners / Carin Holroyd and Ken Coates [online or print]
- Vancouver Japanese-Canadian business directory [print]
Language and literature resources
- ABC Chinese-English comprehensive dictionary / editor John DeFrancis [print]
- Business Chinese dictionary: English Chinese / editorial team, P.H. Collin et al [print]
- The English-Chinese collegiate dictionary / Wang T‘ung-i chu pien [print]
- Harper-Collins Chinese concise dictionary, 2005 [print]
Modern Chinese Literature and Culture Centre
This resource centre contains, among other things, bibliographies of mostly English-language materials on modern Chinese literature, film, art, and culture. By Kirk A. Denton at the Department of East Asian Languages and Literatures, The Ohio State University, in conjunction with the journal Modern Chinese Literature and Culture.
Japanese Language Information Resources
This SFU Library guide lists selected print and electronic information resources in the Library and on the Internet that will help you better enjoy studying the Japanese language
- Hippocrene concise dictionary, Japanese-English/English-Japanese (romanized) / Ikuko Anjo [print]
- Kenkyusha's new Japanese-English dictionary / Koh Masuda, editor in chief [print]
- Kodansha's Furigana Japanese dictionary: Japanese-English, English-Japanese / [hensha Yoshida Masatoshi, Nakamura Yoshikatsu] [print]
- Random House Japanese-English English-Japanese dictionary / compiled by Seigo Nakao [print]