Wednesday, February 15, 2023 - 1:00pm to 2:00pm
via Zoom (link will be sent to participants 24 hours before the workshop/event begins)
This workshop is in the past and registrations are unavailable.
closed Tuesday, February 14, 2023 - 6:00am
All times are Pacific Time Zone (Vancouver, BC, Canada).
About the workshop
This online workshop will help you choose a suitable journal for publishing your research. This workshop will appeal to graduate students with all levels of publishing experience. We invite you to join us whether you have published in academic journals before or are considering this for the first time. We will discuss:
- Where to look for journals in your discipline
- How to tell if a journal is right for your work
- When and how to consider journal rankings such as the Journal Impact Factor
- How to make your work open access
- How to identify and avoid predatory publishers