On this page
Most users of the SFU Library (SFU students, faculty, and staff) can use their SFU computing ID to log into the Library Catalogue, and access licenced Library resources from off-campus.
If you have an SFU ID card but not an SFU computing ID, follow these instructions to use your barcode to access Library resources.
Finding your Library barcode on your SFU ID card
Your SFU Library barcode is the number that begins with 29345... on your SFU ID card, which is also your library card. It is not the same as your student number.
Your barcode is private information. Do not share your barcode with anyone or use it for any purpose not expressly permitted by the SFU Library.
Use your barcode to log in to your account and Library resources
Some borrowers, including non-credit students and external borrowers, don't have SFU computing IDs. If you don't have a SFU computing ID but do have a library barcode, you can use it to:
- Check your library account
- Renew books
- Request (or place holds on) books or other materials, including items that are checked out or at other SFU libraries
- Log in to access online resources and request items from other libraries (eligible borrowers only).
Logging in and passwords
Use for barcode number to log in to the Catalogue.
Your password will be based on your last name:
If your last name is at least 8 characters long, your password will be your last name as it appears in your Library record (case sensitive).
If your last name is shorter than 8 characters
For shorter names, the first time you log in your password will:
- be your last name as it appears in your Library record (case sensitive)
- also have the number 1 as a place holder up to 8 spaces.
|Example: Last name is Qi||Example: Last name is McLeod||Example: Last name is Millhauser|
|Password: Qi111111||Password: McLeod11||Password: Millhauser|
You have the option to reset your password by clicking on: 1) Need help signing in? and then 2) Click here to reset your password.
Your new password must be at least 8 characters long.
Contact us for more help or to request a barcode
Talk to staff in in Access Services (Loans and Circulation) for more help, including:
- To change your initial last name password if you are logging in with a barcode to something other than your last name, or to get help with your barcode password
- To request a Library barcode if you don't have a Library/student card
778.782.4345 - W.A.C. Bennett Library, SFU Burnaby
778.782.5050 - Belzberg Library, SFU Vancouver
778.782.7411 - Fraser Library, SFU Surrey