Skip to main content
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to attract and provide financial support to a graduate student who will use the SFU Contemporary Literature Collection as part of their research. The award is intended for a graduate student who shows evidence of scholarly interest or creative achievement related to the Simon Fraser University Contemporary Literature Collection.
- The criteria for this award are:
- minimum cumulative grade point average (cgpa) of 3.5 or other evidence of outstanding achievement
- demonstrated scholarly or creative interests in the Simon Fraser University Contemporary Literature Collection
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Application is made in GA3 and must be accompanied by:
- copies of all postsecondary transcripts
- a copy of the applicant’s proposed outline of studies and relevance to the Simon Fraser University Contemporary Literature Collection
- two letters of reference from professors familiar with the applicant’s work
- a curriculum vitae
- The application letter and all supporting documents must be received by the Office of the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies, on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.