As of February 2022, the Contemporary Literature Collection (CLC) is composed of:
- approximately 20,000 books
- extensive manuscript and archival holdings
- over 1500 poetry broadsides and posters
- over 1300 little magazines and periodicals
- over 2500 audio and video recordings
Finding aids for many of the archival collections in the CLC are also available via SFU AtoM, and in paper format in the Special Collections and Rare Books reading room. The CLC has an online catalogue containing over 4500 entries covering 25,000 items; however this database is no longer being maintained.
Additionally, the collection includes a large number of audio and video recordings documenting literary readings, poetics panels, and public performances. Much of the audio has been been digitized and eventually will be made available online via the SSHRC-funded SpokenWeb project.
If you need help, please contact Tony Power, at 778-782-6676 or email@example.com or Ask a librarian.