As of February 2022, the Contemporary Literature Collection (CLC) is composed of:
- approximately 20,000 books
- extensive manuscript and archival holdings
- over 1500 poetry broadsides and posters
- over 1300 little magazines and periodicals
- over 2500 audio and video recordings
Additionally, the collection includes a large number of audio and video recordings documenting literary readings, poetics panels, and public performances. Much of the audio has been been digitized and eventually will be made available online via the SSHRC-funded SpokenWeb project.