On this page
Associations and organizations
- BC Federation of Labour
- Canadian Association for Work and Labour Studies
- Canadian Labour Congress
- European Association of Labour Economists
- Fair Labor Association
- International Association of Labour History Institutions (IALH)
- Society for the Study of Labour History
- The Labour Companion: A Bibliography of Canadian Labour History Based on Materials Printed from 1950 to 1975 [print]
- Labour Legislation in Canada: A Bibliography [print]
- Primary Sources in Canadian Working Class History, 1860-1930 [print]
- Directory of Labour Organizations in Canada [online or print]
- Directory of U.S. Labor Organizations [print]
- Labour Organizations in Canada [print]
- Trade Unions of the World
- British Columbia. Labour Relations Board
- Canada Industrial Relations Board
- Canada Labour Code
- Consolidated Statutes and Regulations
- Employment and Social Development Canada
- Government of Canada, Labour Program
Canadian Foundation for Labour Rights (CFLR) - provides a forum for its members to promote and publish their independent research, policy papers and articles which are consistent with the objectives of the Foundation
Canadian Policy Research Network (CPRN) - archived collection of publications by CPRN. Original evidence-based research, public policy briefs and recommendations, deliberative dialogues and citizen engagement, stakeholder engagement with business, community and government leaders, and knowledge translation for important public policy issues.
Centre for Labour and Social Studies (CLASS) - Through the production of high quality, intellectually compelling publications and events Class seeks to shape ideas that can inspire the trade union movement, cement a broad alliance of social forces and influence policy development to ensure the political agenda is on the side of working people. Class produces briefings, policy papers and think pieces spanning a broad policy field.
Economic Policy Institute (EPI) - research and analysis on the economic status of working America.
Global Labour Research Centre (GLRC) - promotes the study of work, employment and labour at York University. The GLRC orients its research mandate around four strategic research themes: (1) Work, Employment & Labour Rights; (2) Labour, Migration & Citizenship; (3) Work, Employment & Gender Relations; and (4) Labour Movement Revitalization.
- Institute for Research on Labor and Employment (IRLE) - a multidisciplinary research center dedicated to the study, teaching, and discussion of labor and employment issues.
Websites by region
- Canadian Labour History, 1850-1999 - Canadian Museum of Civilization
- Canadian Labour History Bibliography, 1976-2009 - Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Canadian Labour Market and Skills Researcher Network (CLSRN)
- Canadian Labour Reporter
- Labour Watch
- Miller Thomson: Canadian Labour & Employment Law Blog
- Working Histories
- European Industrial Relations Observatory (EIRO)
- European Commission on Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion
- Industrial Relations and Trade Unions [Historical]
- International Institute of Social History
- International Labour Organization (ILO)