Selected resources for Health Sciences research
U.S. National Library of Medicine's® (NLM) premier bibliographic database that contains approximately 13 million references to journal articles in life sciences with a concentration on biomedicine.
CINAHL (Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature) is the authoritative resource for nursing and allied health professionals, students, educators and researchers.
Find books -- both online and in print -- in the Library Catalogue.
Help with course assignments
Course guides are created for Health Sciences courses that involve research assignments and/or library instruction. If you need help with your assignments, see Ask a Librarian to find out how to get assistance from a librarian.
- HSCI 130: Foundations of Health Science (updated July 2016)
- HSCI 211: Perspectives on Cancer, Cardiovascular, and Metabolic Diseases (updated February 2017)
- HSCI 305: The Canadian Health Care System (updated September 2012)
- HSCI 319: Applied Health Ethics (updated January 2013)
- HSCI 345: Texts, two-fours, and tattoos . . and other health issues of the tweens to twenties
(updated June 2015)
- HCSI 424: Strategic Applications of GIS in Health (Fall 2017)
- HSCI 481: Senior Seminar in Social Health Science - Medical Tourism (updated March 2012)
- HSCI 485: Senior Seminar in Mental Health & Addictions (updated January 2012)
- HSCI 486: Senior Seminar in Global Health - Sexual and Reproductive Health (updated January 2017)
- HSCI 803: Qualitative and Survey Research Methods (updated January 2015)
- HSCI 821: Introduction to Global Health (updated September 2015)
- HSCI 822: Globalization and Health (updated January 2012)
- HSCI 891-3: Systematic Reviews (updated January 2011)
New books in Health Sciences
- Evidence-based clinical Chinese medicine.
- Affective determinants of health behavior
- Zika virus and diseases : from molecular biology to epidemiology
- Atlas of refugees, displaced populations, and epidemic diseases : decoding global geographical patterns and processes since 1901
- Environmental health in the 21st century : from air pollution to zoonotic diseases
- From the midwife's bag to the patient's file : public health in Eastern Europe
- The future for health promotion
- Essentials of clinical infectious diseases
- An urban history of the plague : socio-economic, political and medical Impacts in a Scottish community, 1500-1650
- Bioethics in action
- Pandemics, pills, and politics : governing global health security
- A healthy society : how a focus on health can revive Canadian democracy
- Philosophy of population health science : philosophy for a new public health era
- Health care systems : future predictions for global care
- Health econometrics
- Neurotrauma and critical care of the spine
- From hysteria to hormones : a rhetorical history
- Analysis of Correlated Data with SAS and R, Fourth Edition
- Big data, health law, and bioethics