Yes, an authorized company representative may purchase External Organization Borrower cards by submitting an Application form to Management, Loans Division. All borrowing is subject to the Loans Policy and fines.
Fees/Cards: $200.00 flat rate for the purchase of 3 individual cards ($5.00 replacement fee per card). Term: for a period of one year from date of purchase.
External Organization borrowers may:
- Use research assistance and materials at all three libraries;
- Borrow general circulating material at all libraries, under the same loan periods as undergraduates;
- Request books that are out on loan to other users;
- Request items, with the exception of specialized collections such as Media Collection material, to be transferred from one campus to another;
- Access selected licensed electronic resources (databases, electronic journals, etc.) from within the Library buildings.
External Organization borrowers may not:
- Use multimedia equipment and games held by the SFU Surrey Library, which are only accessible to SFU Surrey students;
- Borrow 16 mm films, videos or DVD's from the SFU Library;
- Use Interlibrary Loan or Document Delivery services;
- Access Reserve materials;
- Access licensed electronic resources from outside the Library;
- Request journal article photocopies;
- Access SFU's wireless network (a valid SFU computing account is required)