To book the Thesis Defence Room, use our NEW Thesis Defence Room booking tool.
For all Thesis Defence Room bookings
Required information for all bookings:
- There are different options for timing and equipment: please read the instructions on the booking tool carefully, including for blocking off the correct period of time.
- Before you start the booking process, check our booking form preview to make sure you have all the information you need.
Look for a confirmation email:
- Your reservation is not confirmed until you receive a confirmation email.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email in 2-3 business days please contact the SFU Library at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Book a practice session:
- We highly recommend that students book an 1-hour practice session prior to their defence (especially if Zoom is required).
- Use the booking tool to book a practice session. Please choose the Practice Session option in the booking form.
Library and Graduate Program Assistant roles
- Library staff will only book the Thesis Defence Room at the request of Graduate Program Assistants.
- It is the graduate program's responsibility to notify the student and committee members of the location and date of the defence.