Can I get a library card for UBC or any other post-secondary libraries?

Undergraduate/graduate students, faculty and staff are entitled to reciprocal borrowing privileges at UBC and many other universities and colleges across Canada. Note: UBC requires proof of a local address when issuing their community library card.

For details, including a list of member institutions and information about registering for this service, see Borrowing privileges at other universities: Borrowing Library Materials, or contact Circulation Desk staff at:

  • WAC Bennett Library (SFU Burnaby): 778.782.4345
  • Belzberg Library (SFU Vancouver): 778.782.5050
  • Fraser Library (SFU Surrey): 778.782.7411
  • Telebook: 778.782.4896 (for  Distance Education students)