Special Collections and Rare Books at SFU Library
Special Collections and Rare Books provides researchers with access to a vast array of unique primary and published materials, including rare books, archival materials and manuscripts.
SFU Library Special Collections and Rare Books has in-depth holdings in:
- twentieth century avant-garde literature (Contemporary Literature Collection)
- William Wordsworth collection
- significant and expanding collections of British Columbia literary, social, political, and publishing material
- editorial cartoons.
Access the collections
Search here for published material held by Special Collections.
Contemporary Literature Collection manuscripts catalogue
Over 4,500 entries covering 25,000 items of unique materials in the Library. Collections of material by bill bissett, Anne Cameron, Betty Lambert, Ezra Pound and others. The papers of the Toronto literary magazine, Open Letter are included, as well as the papers of the late bp Nichol and our earliest collection of archival materials from Talonbooks. This catalogue is no longer being maintained.
From oral histories to diaries to photographs, there is much to explore. Note that original versions of digitized materials may be housed at either Special Collections at the SFU Library or at partner sites.
About Special Collections
- Monday to Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Closed on weekends, statutory and university holidays; Library hours.
- Room 7100, W.A.C. Bennett Library, SFU Burnaby
Special Collections and Rare Books
W.A.C. Bennett Library
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, British Columbia V5A 1S6
- Special Collections and Rare Books
Special Collections and Rare Books is a non-circulating, closed stack area.
Reference and information
Melanie Hardbattle, Acting Head/Archivist
Tony Power, Contemporary Literature Collection Librarian
Keith Gilbert, Special Collections Assistant
Judith Polson, Special Collections Assistant
Gifts and donations
We welcome gifts and donations. See Gifts and donations for more information.