Special Collections and Rare Books at SFU Library
SFU Library Special Collections and Rare Books has in-depth holdings in twentieth century avant-garde literature, a major William Wordsworth collection, significant and expanding collections of BC publishing materials, British Columbia literary, social, and political materials, and editorial cartoons. Special Collections and Rare Books will continue to provide resources for the increasing needs of the research community.
- Monday to Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Closed on weekends, statutory and university holidays; check Library hours here.
- SFU Special Collections and Rare Books is a non-circulating, closed stack area.
- SFU Special Collections and Rare Books is located in Room 7100 of the WAC Bennett Library on the Burnaby Campus.
- Access to the materials held in SFU Special Collections and Rare Books is through the SFU Catalogue.
- Manuscript finding aids are available in Special Collections and Rare Books. Selected finding aids are available online and via SFU AtoM.
Special Collections/Rare Books manuscripts catalogue
This online manuscript catalogue includes over 4,500 entries covering 25,000 items of unique materials in the Library (LB7100). Collections of material by bill bissett, Anne Cameron, Betty Lambert, Ezra Pound and others have been entered into this catalogue. The papers of the Toronto literary magazine, Open Letter are included, as well as the papers of the late bp Nichol and our earliest collection of archival materials from Talonbooks. This catalogue is no longer being maintained.
Special Collections and Rare Books
W.A.C. Bennett Library
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, British Columbia V5A 1S6
Reference and information:
Eric L. Swanick, Head/Gifts Librarian
Tony Power, Contemporary Literature Collection Librarian
Melanie Hardbattle, Archivist
Keith Gilbert, Special Collections Assistant
Judith Polson, Special Collections Assistant