Can't find what you need at the SFU Library? Request it here and we'll find it and bring it in from another library through interlibrary loans.
To find out if there's a copy in another library system near you, you may also search other libraries' catalogues.
Select an interlibrary loan request form:
- The InterLibrary Loans service is free of charge for SFU faculty, staff and students.
- Articles usually arrive in 1-3 days. Books usually arrive between 3-8 days. Items coming from outside Canada may take up to 14 days or longer to arrive.
- You will receive an email notification when your item arrives, or if your request could not be filled.
- Books are picked up from whichever SFU campus library you designated as your pick-up location. Articles are delivered to you via email.
- You may request items which the SFU Library already owns if:
- the item is out on loan to another person and you need the item somewhat urgently
- if there are multiple holds or requests on the item
- if the item is missing from the collection.
- For more information, see InterLibrary Loans: Borrowing materials from other libraries.
Copyright Notice: Interlibrary loan requests which exceed the Fair Dealing provisions of the Copyright Act will be cancelled.
Please see our ILL guide for other libraries.