On this page
- Business sources -- APA style, 6th ed.
- Government documents, Canadian -- APA style | MLA style | Chicago style
- Legal research materials -- Lederman Law Library, Queen's University. Examples of citations for Canadian legal research resources.
Citing guide for Statistics Canada, PCensus, & CHASS data
- How to Cite Statistics Canada Products -- from Statistics Canada. A new online tool that describes how to build a reference when citing any type of Statistics Canada product.
- Citing for anthropologists -- American Anthropological Association (AAA). Note: As of Sept 2015, their guide has been discontinued and AAA recommends the use of Chicago Manual of Style (Author-Date).
- Citing for archaeologists -- SAA style (Society for American Archaeology)
- Style Guide for American Antiquity and Latin American Antiquity -- Go to page 14 to see citation formats.
- Citing for biologists -- CSE style
- Scientific style and format: the CSE manual for authors, editors, and publishers [print]
- Citing for chemists -- ACS Style (American Chemical Society)
- Citing for engineers -- IEEE style
- Citing geospatial data and maps -- Recommended guides for citing maps and geospatial data
- Citing for health professionals
- AMA manual of style: A guide for authors and editors (See also the AMA Citation Style Guide from the British Columbia Institute of Technology_
- Citing Medicine: The NLM style guide for authors, editors, and publishers See also:
- Vancouver Style, like NLM style, uses Citing Medicine: The NLM style guide for authors, editors, and publishers (See also the University of Queensland Vancouver style guide)
- Citing for physicists -- APS Style
- Citing for political scientists -- APSA Style
- APSA Style Manual for Political Science (2006): from the American Political Science Association
- Citing for social scientists -- ASA Style
- Citing for submission to Canadian Journal of Communication -- Scroll down to References for citation formats
- Citing Harvard style -- This is a generic name for author-date style for citing and referencing. It is not affiliated with Harvard University or with any other institution or authority, therefore some rules have been interpreted slightly differently by different institutions. There are many styles which follow the author-date rules, and one of them is the APA style.
For more help with citing
- The Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) includes excellent resources for APA and MLA formatting.
- Ask a Librarian, in person, online, or by phone.
- Citation management software can also be useful, particularly for larger research projects, theses, and dissertations.
For more help with writing
- Assignment Calculator -- Use the Assignment Calculator to help you break down your writing assignments into a series of manageable steps. All you need to get started is the date your assignment is due.
- Copyright at SFU -- Find out about using copyright protected materials in your writing.
- Plagiarism -- What is it and how you can avoid it.
- Take the SFU Library interactive tutorial Understanding and Avoiding Plagiarism to test yourself and to learn more about plagiarism.
- Le plagiat -- Qu'est-ce que le plagiat et comment l'éviter?
- Inscrivez-vous à la séance interactive de tutorat de SFU "Comprendre et éviter le plagiat" (Understanding and Avoiding Plagiarism) pour évaluer vos connaissances en matière de plagiat.
- University reading and writing
- Student Learning Commons (SLC)
- Support for graduate students, including for preparing and submitting your thesis.