On this page
Welcome! This guide is a quick-access entry to the most relevant resources for the texts studied in this course (Summer 2011).
If you need help, please contact Ivana Niseteo, Liaison Librarian for English, French, French Programs (FASS), Humanities, Linguistics, and World Literature at 778.782.6838 or email@example.com or Ask a librarian.
- A history of Canadian literature / by W.H. New [online or print]
- Encyclopedia of post-colonial literatures in English [online or print]
- Oxford companion to Canadian literature [online or print]
- Re:reading the postmodern : Canadian literature and criticism after modermism [print]
- Asian Canadian literature : diasporic interventions in the work of Sky Lee, Joy Kogawa, Hiromi Goto, and Fred Wah [print]
- Unhomely states : theorizing English-Canadian postcolonialism [print]
- Critical theory today – a user-friendly guide [print]
- Literary theory: an introduction: anniversary edition [online or print]
- Sexual/textual politics: feminist literary theory [print]
- Literary theory : an anthology [print]
- Literary theory : a very short introduction [print]
- Where the wild books are : a field guide to ecofiction [print]
- Postcolonial ecologies : literatures of the environment [online or print]
- The post-colonial studies reader [print]
- The Ashgate research companion to queer theory
Journal article databases
MLA International Bibliography
The most comprehensive database for literary criticism. International in scope, it also indexes chapters in books. You'll need to look elsewhere, however, for information on non-canonical Canadian texts (see below).
(Canadian Business & Current Affairs Complete) : Includes both newspapers and Canadian periodicals (some scholarly.)
All Southam-chain newspapers, plus the Globe and Mail.
Alternative Press Index
Reasonable coverage of Canadian arts magazines and left-wing publications.
Citing and writing guides