New education books
- Smart moves : why learning is not all in your head
- What teachers need to know about language
- Top-down confusion is gray the new pink in education?
- Activating the learner's brain : using the learner's brain model
- Learner experience and usability in online education
- Welcoming practices : creating schools that support students and families in transition
- The new campus anti-rape movement : internet activism and social justice
- Participatory visual methodologies : social change, community and policy
- Critical theory and transformative learning
- Educational coaching : a partnership for problem solving
- Metasystems learning design of open textbooks : emerging research and opportunities
- English ministry crisis in Chinese Canadian Churches : towards the retention of English-speaking adults from Chinese Canadian Churches through associated parallel independent English congregational models
- The handbook of English for specific purposes
- Collecting and interpreting qualitative materials
- Status change of languages
- The right to teach : creating spaces for teacher agency
Find what you need
Want some search tips? See our Catalogue search guide.
Not sure how to get started? Use our guide Start Your Research Here.
Using this guide
In addition to books, here are some other types of library resources you may want to strategically target:
- Academic subject-specific encyclopedias provide summaries of information and suggest further readings.
- Handbooks provide background or "how to" information about research methodologies or professional topics.
- In journals, primary source articles present original scholarly work, and they are often peer-reviewed. Also in journals, review articles (not to be confused with book reviews) summarize findings of all relevant publications into one coherent view of the topic.
- Theses or dissertations often provide thorough literature reviews on their topic.
- PDP guide: Resources for Professional Programs
- Contemplative inquiry resources
- Education law: Legal information for education researchers
- Ressources et outils en ligne pour l'éducation en français
- Children's Literature information resources
- Curriculum Collection
- EDUC 100W: Selected Questions and Issues in Education
- EDUC 230: Introduction to Philosophy of Education
- EDUC 322: The Social Lives of School Children
- EDUC 390: Fairy Tales, Popular Culture, and Childhood
- EDUC 422: Learning Disabilities
- EDUC 464: Early Childhood Education
- EDUC 864: Research Designs in Education
- EDUC 866: MEd in Educational Practice
- EDUC 870/874: Counselling Skills & Theories