New education books
- Creating joyful classrooms : a positive response to testing and accountability in the elementary school
- Turning pragmatism into practice : a vision for social studies teachers
- Social semiotics : key figures, new directions
- Qualitative content analysis in practice
- Critical incidents in teaching : developing professional judgement
- Wrestling with writing : instructional strategies for struggling students
- Educators at the bargaining table : successfully negotiating a contract that works for all
- Art as social action : an introduction to the principles and practices of teaching social practice art
- Equity, equality, and reform in contemporary public education
- Differentiation in the elementary grades : strategies to engage and equip all learners
- Engineering in elementary STEM education : curriculum design, instruction, learning, and assessment
- 50 fantastic ideas for tuff trays
- Remixing the curriculum : the teacher's guide to technology in the classroom
- Language, sexuality and education
- Adding English : a guide to teaching in multilingual classrooms
- Literacy and democracy in South African primary schools
- Institutional change from within : teaching and learning in higher education
- Managing the new tools in K-12 teaching and learning : how technology can enable school improvement
- Self-compassion : the proven power of being kind to yourself
- Enhancing social presence in online learning environments
- Now elected, now what? : the path to successful school district governance
- Mission-driven leadership : understanding the challenges facing schools today
- The theory and practice of multicultural education : a focus on the K-12 educational setting
- Keys to inspiration : a teacher's guide to a student-centered writing program
- Exploring the toxicity of lateral violence and microaggressions : poison in the water cooler.
- Negotiating opportunities : how the middle class secures advantages in school
- A field book for higher education leaders : improving your leadership intelligence
- Leading change together : developing educator capacity within schools and systems
- Teach yourself how to learn : strategies you can use to ace any course at any level
- Higher education accountability
Not sure how to start your research?
- Use our guide Start Your Research Here.
- Get in touch with a librarian. Contact your librarian Elyse Sanche at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ask a Librarian.
- Remember that careful research takes time and creativity!
Did you know that SFU Education students and faculty are eligible for free delivery of library materials to your home?
Learn more about Telebook.
Learn more about Telebook.
Specialized research guides
- PDP guide: Resources for the Professional Development Program
- Contemplative inquiry resources
- Education law: Legal information for education researchers
- Ressources et outils en ligne pour l'éducation en français
- Children's Literature information resources
- Curriculum Collection
Research guides for specific courses
- EDUC 100W: Selected Questions and Issues in Education
- EDUC 230: Introduction to Philosophy of Education
- EDUC 322: The Social Lives of School Children
- EDUC 390: Fairy Tales, Popular Culture, and Childhood
- EDUC 422: Learning Disabilities
- EDUC 464: Early Childhood Education
- EDUC 864: Research Designs in Education
- EDUC 866: MEd in Educational Practice
- EDUC 870/874: Counselling Skills & Theories