This guide is intended to provide links to Library guides and selected resources which may be of interest to students and researchers at Simon Fraser University.
If you need help, please contact Sylvia Roberts, Liaison Librarian for Communication & Contemporary Arts at SFU Vancouver: 778.782.5043 (main) SFU Burnaby: 778.782.3681 or email@example.com or Ask a librarian.
Help with course assignments
CA 160 Introductory Studio in Visual Art I (Fall 2017)
Contemporary Arts subject guides
Recommended sources for databases, journal articles, dictionaries, encyclopedias, online music, videos, images, internet resources and more.
Library media collections
New Contemporary Arts books
- What About the Art? Contemporary Art from China.
- Melancholic modalities : affect, Islam, and Turkish classical musicians
- Theatre and cultural struggle in south africa.
- The music and sound of experimental film
- Glenn Gould : a life off tempo
- Costume in performance : materiality, culture, and the body
- Thirty-four illustrations for Dante's Inferno
- Swim pretty : aquatic spectacles and the performance of race, gender, and nature
- Aesthetic pursuits : essays in philosophy of art
- The Holy Mountain
- Killing poetry : blackness and the making of slam and spoken word communities
- Moma dance : boris charmatz.
- Desire change : contemporary feminist art in Canada
- Song acts : writings on words and music
- Metaphors on vision / by Brakhage ; [edited with an introduction by P. Adams Sitney].
- Varieties of musical irony : from Mozart to Mahler
- Binning House
- Chopin and his world
- Honest bodies : revolutionary modernism in the dances of Anna Sokolow
- Dance anatomy and kinesiology
- The Japanese Photobook
- Mike Kelley : memory ware : a survey.
- Jiro Takamatsu.
- Joseph Beuys
- WHY THEORY?.
- Why only art can save us : aesthetics and the absence of emergency
- Eduardo Paolozzi : Pop art redefined
- Mel Bochner Voices.