This guide is intended to provide links to Library guides and selected resources which may be of interest to students and researchers at Simon Fraser University.
If you need help, please contact Sylvia Roberts, Liaison Librarian for Communication & Contemporary Arts at SFU Vancouver: 778.782.5043 (main) SFU Burnaby: 778.782.3681 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Ask a librarian.
Help with course assignments
CA 160 Introductory Studio in Visual Art I (Fall 2017)
Contemporary Arts subject guides
Recommended sources for databases, journal articles, dictionaries, encyclopedias, online music, videos, images, internet resources and more.
Library media collections
New Contemporary Arts books
- Gang of cosmos : Robert Longo
- Duke Ellington studies
- Jim Lambie
- Dancing in the English style. Consumption, Americanisation, and national identity in Britain, 1918-50
- Contemporary musical film
- Delirious : art at the limits of reason, 1950-1980
- Typographic matchmaking in the city : propositions for a pluralist public space = voorstellen voor een pluralistische openbare ruimte
- Becoming AFI : 50 years inside the American Film Institute
- Gendering modernism : a historical reappraisal of the canon
- The work of art : value in creative careers
- Nancy Meyers
- Directing with the Michael Chekhov technique : a workbook with video for directors, teachers and actors
- Jasper Johns : redo an eye
- A critical companion to Tim Burton
- Suzy Lake.
- Reinventing Hollywood : how 1940s filmmakers changed movie storytelling
- Ingmar Bergman's Face to face
- Fray : art + textile politics
- The meeting house : build therefore your own world
- Deep refrains : music, philosophy, and the ineffable
- Acting exercises for non-traditional staging : Michael Chekhov reimagined
- The Sensible Stage : Staging and the Moving Image / edited by Bridget Crone.
- Club 57 : film, performance, and art in the East Village 1978-1983
- Production design for screen : visual storytelling in film and television
- Safe spaces, brave spaces : diversity and free expression in education
- Bioaesthetics : making sense of life in science and the arts
- The ends of collage
- Character, scene, and story : new tools from The dramatic writer's companion
- Creating worlds : how to make immersive theatre
- Ellen Stewart presents : fifty years of La Mama experimental theatre