This guide is intended to provide links to Library guides and selected resources which may be of interest to students and researchers at Simon Fraser University.
If you need help, please contact Sylvia Roberts, Liaison Librarian for Communication & Contemporary Arts at SFU Vancouver: 778.782.5043 (main) SFU Burnaby: 778.782.3681 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Ask a librarian.
Help with course assignments
CA 160 Introductory Studio in Visual Art I (Fall 2017)
Contemporary Arts subject guides
Recommended sources for databases, journal articles, dictionaries, encyclopedias, online music, videos, images, internet resources and more.
Library media collections
New Contemporary Arts books
- Physical dramaturgy : perspectives from the field
- The profitable artist : a handbook for all artists in the performing, literary, and visual arts
- Female body in contemporary art : dieting, eating disorders, self-harm, and fatness
- Staged : show trials, political theater, and the aesthetics of judgment
- Russian Futurist theatre : theory and practice
- The global road movie : alternative journeys around the world
- Comics and adaptation
- I'm not like everybody else : biopolitics, neoliberalism, and American popular music
- Cine-Ethiopia : the history and politics of film in the Horn of Africa
- Lee Bul
- Ecologies of precarity in twenty-first century theatre : politics, affect, responsibility
- 100 greatest film scores
- Crossmappings : on visual culture
- Cinema against doublethink : ethical encounters with the lost pasts of world history
- Broken beauty : musical modernism and the representation of disability
- Moment work : Tectonic Theater Project's process of devising theater
- Social works performing art, supporting publics
- Craft Economies
- JOKER SYSTEM : revisited.
- Soundies jukebox films and the shift to small screen culture
- Gendering history on screen : women filmmakers and historical films
- Dark right : Batman viewed from the right
- The films of Mira Nair : diaspora vérité
- Brand new art from China : a generation on the rise
- CINEMATIC REFLECTIONS ON THE LEGACY OF THE HOLOCAUST : psychoanalytic.
- Gender in film and video
- Hoodlum movies : seriality and the outlaw biker film cycle, 1966-1972
- Eduard Hanslick's On the musically beautiful : a new translation
- Suggestivism - Resonance.
- All that is solid melts into air