Register now for Lightning Talks: Globalization + Health (Oct. 22)Published by Mark Bodnar
The SFU Library Research Commons and the SFU Graduate Student Society invite you to join us for Lightning Talks: Globalization + Health, in the GSS Lounge (MBC 2212), October 22nd, 2pm-4pm. This event features the work of 5 graduate students on the theme of Globalization and Health. After lightning fast presentations by these speakers, we'll have a panel discussion followed by conversation and refreshments. This is a chance to make connections across disciplines and to discuss new research on a common theme. Presenters:
- Maryam Kiani. Communications. "Knowledge Translation and Digital Storytelling"
- MC Breadner. Health Sciences. "Return to Work Experiences of Nurses"
- Alice Huang. History. "On Pins and Needles: Use of Acupuncture and Eastern Medicine by the Canadian Medical Establishment, 1860-1910"
- Krystyna Adams. Health Sciences. "Policy and Planning for Medical Tourism: Perspectives from Barbadian Health Care Providers"
- Julia Lane. Education. "Clowning Around with Globalization and Health: This Ain't No Laughing Matter"
Details are here: http://www.lib.sfu.ca/research-commons/services/lightning-talks or download the poster. Please register if you will join us, so we can plan appropriately for catering: http://workshops.lib.sfu.ca/node/403 Questions? Email: email@example.com