I was just scanning a list of upcoming Plagiarism Education Week webcasts that will be presented by Turnitin, in partnership with The International Center for Academic Integrity (ICAI), The School for Ethical Education (SEE), and Plagiarism Today. Some great topics will be addressed, including several that I suspect will be of interest to SFU instructors. Register soon!
- Monday, April 22nd: Students and Plagiarism: Exploring the Disconnect Between Morals and Behavior
- Tuesday, April 23rd: Plagiarism Spectrum Drill Down
- Wednesday, April 24th: Responding to Plagiarism: Lesson Plans and Strategies
- Thursday, April 25th: Policy to Practice: Developing Effective Academic Integrity Policies
- Friday, April 26th: Teaching Originality, Creativity, and Critical Thinking
And if you can't wait until April 22, consider registering for this webcast coming up tomorrow (April 11th): How Students Perceive Plagiarism.
And now for a brief word about local resources...