SFU researchers now have access to reports on 270 different brands, each of which covers "how a product originated and was first marketed, how it developed commercially and how it fares today compared with its competitors and its own past history."
All this is in the Encyclopedia of Global Brands (2nd ed., 2013) -- two volumes and almost 1200 pages, all online for your reading pleasure!
As you would expect given its title, this publication features strong international coverage with brief reports on brands such as Tata and Emirates Airlines and Hermès, but there are also a few home-grown brands, including George Weston, RBC, and Bombardier.
Need to know more about major brands? Try the Interbrand site for regular reports on the Best Global Brands and the Best Global Green Brands (and even a report on the Best Canadian Brands). Then jump over to the SFU Library catalogue to see the hundreds of ebooks and books we have on topics like Branding (Marketing) or Brand name products. The same terms will work in a search of Business Source Complete, although the 40K+ articles you'll get might be overkill. Maybe start with that search, and add some more terms to focus it.
- * the Encyclopedia of Major Marketing Strategies
- * the International Directory of Company Histories
- * Business Plan Handbooks
- * and various industry & market encyclopedias with strong international coverage.
Questions? Here's where to find us:
- Mark Bodnar [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Andrea Cameron [email@example.com]
- Megan Sorenson [firstname.lastname@example.org]