I'm very pleased to announce that SFU researchers now have online access to The Palgrave Encyclopedia of Strategic Management! The publisher's perspective:
What is significant about The Palgrave Encyclopedia of Strategic Management?
- The first substantial reference work providing such a comprehensive overview of the field
- Full global geographic coverage with over 520 contributors from 30 countries
- An exemplary resource for students, teachers, scholars and practitioners wishing to understand the central ideas and issues of this new and developing discipline
What does The Palgrave Encyclopedia of Strategic Management provide?
- Comprehensive coverage of core themes, concepts and leading individuals
- Clear and concise definitions of headwords, and explanations of core terms and mechanisms
- A balance between the theoretical (emerging theories and concepts) and the empirical/practitioner-oriented sides of strategic management
- Entries written by some of the most cited and lauded authors in the field, including the 2009 Nobel Laureate Oliver Williamson
- Entries available in PDF and ePub formats
As with most resources, you need to jump in and try The Palgrave Encyclopedia of Strategic Management to really understand its value. Click on the image at the top to learn more about the features in this database. Also scan some of the entries linked below... (links will only work for SFU researchers):
- Pek-Hooi Soh . (October 2015). dominant design
- Richard Dunford . (October 2015). business process re-engineering
- Massimo Garbuio and Dan Lovallo . (October 2015). design thinking
- Marco Da Rin . (October 2015). venture capital
- Oliver E. Williamson . (October 2015). economizing
Interested in the area of strategic management? You might also like...
- Strategic Management Journal
- Books and eBooks on strategic planning and management
- Or, because this relatively new field can still be difficult to pin down with one standard subject heading, try a broad keyword search for just "strategic management" and dive in!
- Or try this rough search in our main business article database, Business Source Complete
Questions? Send them our way!
- Mark Bodnar (Business – Burnaby): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Megan Sorenson (Business – Vancouver): email@example.com
- Ania Dymarz (Business – Surrey): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carla Graebner (Economics – Burnaby): email@example.com