Beginning Fall 2020:
- Students will be required to upload the Results, Approval, & Degree Recommendation (RAD) form to the Thesis Registration System. This form replaces both the signed Approval Page and the Supervisor Revision Memo.
- In addition, the Declaration of Committee (DoC) page will replace the unsigned Approval Page on page ii of a student’s capstone.
For Summer 2020 submissions:
- It will begin with an introduction to required copyright permissions from the Copyright Office at SFU. (about 30 minutes)
- SFU Library's research data specialists will give instruction on how to preserve and, if appropriate, share research data for future uses. (about 15 minutes)
- The Theses Office will provide an overview of the Thesis Assistant website and go over the overall submission process (including deadlines and supporting documentation). (about 30 to 40 minutes)
- The technical part of the workshop will follow, where you will be walked through the overall structure of your thesis and the functionality of the thesis template. (about 30 to 40 minutes)
Students are encouraged to bring their own computer and thesis document(s) to work along with the facilitator during the workshop.
Learn how to:
- request copyright permissions (if your thesis includes reproductions of copyright protected images, including figures, drawings, paintings, photographs, logos, maps, diagrams, tables or charts, and even screen captures on the web, then you might need to request copyright permission)
- write in the MS Word template-based file
- format your text using styles
- bring text in from other documents
- insert figures, images, and auto-numbered captions
- generate the Table of Contents, List of Tables, List of Figures, etc.
If you’ve begun writing, send your document to email@example.com in advance of the workshop; one might be used in demonstrating the Library’s thesis template. After the session, the formatted document will be returned in which the student can continue his/her work.
Register for upcoming workshops
No upcoming instances of this workshop found.