Preparing to Publish workshops via Zoom and in person
Graduate students are always encouraged to publish but often without really knowing what that means or how to start. This workshop will focus on navigating the peer review process and will also touch on the topics of open access, choosing a journal, working with an editor, and co-authorship. It will include a discussion of copyright transfer agreements and licenses and provide insight into publishing venues for assuring your research has the best possible visibility, accessibility, and impact.
A few questions these sessions will help to answer:
- How does the publishing cycle work?
- How can you assess potential publishing venues?
- What is peer review and how can you respond to reviewer comments?
- What rights can you retain to your published research?
- What are predatory publishers and how can you avoid them?
October 5, November 14 & 16
Online (via Zoom) and In Person
Wednesday October 5, online, 10.00am-12.00pm. Details and registration here.
Monday November 14, SFU Burnaby campus, in person,1.00pm-3:00pm. Details and registration here.
Monday November 16, SFU at Harbour Centre, in person, 10:00-12:00pm. Details and registration here.