- Are you looking to reduce the amount of manual data entry required when you submit a manuscript, apply for a grant, or update your CV?
- Are you tired of receiving emails from online networking sites, asking you to pay for premium services?
- Do you want to ensure that you get credit for all of your work?
Then this workshop is for you.
We will introduce ORCID (the Open Researcher and Contributor ID), a free, open, not-for-profit organization that provides authors with a unique numeric identifier to distinguish themselves from other researchers and automatically link their professional publications and activities. ORCID iDs persist throughout an author's scholarly career and ensure consistent, reliable attribution of their work.
Bring your laptop and a copy of your CV: this interactive workshop will cover the basics and benefits of getting started with ORCID.
Participants will leave with:
- an ORCID iD,
- a newly created online CV,
- and an understanding of how to automatically keep their profile up-to-date.