This day-long event focuses on the realities of and strategies for improving scholarly workflow at different stages of the research process. It will consist of a series of breakout sessions that participants can choose between, with topics based around research and discovery, managing and organizing your sources, and disseminating your research projects.
Session topics will involve hands-on practice with tools that will help you organize and streamline your work.
Participants will choose break-out mini-workshops throughout the day and have the opportunity to actually put tools and methods into action. Planned mini-workshops include:
- Navigating the SFU Catalogue
- Citation management and notetaking with Zotero
- Archival data collection
- Tools for collaboration
- Creating a data management plan using Portage
- Making digital data usable with Tropy
- How to use spreadsheets effectively
- Traditional and open access publication
- Alternate methods of dissemination
The workshop includes breakfast and lunch.
More information: Hacking the Scholarly Workflow: Full Schedule and Workshop Descriptions.