The lessons in this workshop will cover how to open, work with, and plot vector and raster-format spatial data in R.
Additional topics include:
- working with spatial metadata (extent and coordinate reference systems),
- reprojecting spatial data,
- and working with raster time series data.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- import and export raster and vector data from R;
- analyze and edit raster and vector data;
- explore spatio-temporal data in R.
This full-day workshop will follow the Data Carpentries' syllabus.
- Participants will need to bring their own laptops with the most recent version of R and Rstudio installed. For installation instructions and to download the data used in this lesson, see the workshop homepage.
Workshop page (SFU Canvas): GIS workshops page includes workshop descriptions and suggested streams for different disciplines, handouts, slides, and example datasets