How and where do I photocopy at the library?
W.A.C. Bennett Library (SFU Burnaby)
Photocopiers are located on the 3rd and 6th floors:
- On the 3rd floor (main floor) there is one photocopier in the Reserves area and two near the printers.
- On the 6th floor there are 2 photocopiers across from the Print Journals area.
There is an oversize (11 x 17) copier on the 6th floor. Specifically, the oversize copier is copier "6B". Press "User Box", then "Paper" to select paper size.
Fraser Library (SFU Surrey)
There are two print/copy/ scan machines in the Media/Reserves room, 3620
There is no oversize copier in Fraser Library. Oversized copies can be obtained at Document Solutions (Mezzanine 2590).
Belzberg Library (SFU Vancouver)
There are two print/copy/ scan machines on the main floor of Belzberg Library. Both will make 11 X 17 (ledger) sized copies.
Outside the Library, there are additional colour copiers at Harbour Centre Printing in the Harbour Centre mall (555 West Hastings), at Hydery Printing on 522 West Pender, and Fed Ex Kinkos (779 West Pender).
How do I photocopy?
At the computer:
- Check your Papercut account: Before photocopying your document(s), check to see if you have enough printing credit for the pages you want to print:
- To add money to your Papercut account (see How to pay for printing and copying)
At the printer:
- At the printer log in to Papercut using SFU Computing ID and password
- Select DEVICE FUNCTIONS; select COPY
- Change settings (number of copies, colour, 2-sided)
- Select START
- Log out of printer
How much does copying cost, how do I pay, and how do I get a refund?
For payment options, and how to get a refund, see How to pay for printing and copying.
For prices, see How much does it cost to print or make copies at the SFU Library?
How can I copy in colour, or copy different document sizes and types?
See Can I print or copy special document sizes and types at the Library?
Can I use my own paper?
No. If you need to use your own paper for special purposes, you will need to go to a photocopy shop.
Where can I make copies from microfiche or microfilm?
Copiers are included in most of the microfiche and microfilm readers. You use the same Printing/Photocopy card you use for photocopying and printing.
For more information, please see What are microforms and how do I access them?